+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Music

OT Music

Fk it - it's out of season and England have done as well as expected.

Time for another music thread.

I'll open it with the Godmother of Punk - Patti Smith and a classic from The Old Grey Whistle Test - view external link

re: OT Music

I've gone for a tune from 1970 when we could be proud ... - view external link

The whole point was to get away from football stan

But here's New Order who once did a football song, but not this one!!! - view external link

Well done Jimmy lad,now this site is recovering it's about time we had a music thread and Friday night after a nice bottle of Chardonnay is just the right time. The Patti video from the OGWT is a classic. It's Glastonbury next week so this is one of my favourite Glasto performances ever. From 2002 the Shibusashirazu Orchestra from Japan. Weird and totally awesome. - view external link

Not seen that before donboy - brilliant!!!

Talking of Glasto, it's both my daughters' birthdays this month. The 19 year old had a Glasto ticket as a birthday present, the 22 year old had a V-Festival ticket as a present. The pair of them have rinsed me of all my cash but fk it, both of them follow BWFC home and away with me and both are massively into music. Who would have thought it eh?

Anyhows, the 19 year old is massively into Joy Division and I've just sent her this absolute classic of them on that Tony Wilson programme that debuted new bands - I can't remember the of it(the programme!!) - my favourite Joy Division song!!!! - view external link

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds at last years Glasto doing the awesome "Stagger Lee". Note the gorgeous girl at the end giving Nick the "Oh Nick,you can shag me any time you like" eyes as she sits on her boyfriend's shoulders. - view external link

The Tony Wilson programme was called "So It Goes"Jimmy and I remember that Joy Division performance like it was last week. Think this was on that programme as well, it's Elvis Costello's TV debut when nobody had ever heard of him, just him and his electric guitar doing "Alison". I loved it and have been a massive Elvis fan ever since. - view external link

I used to go in a pub in Geldrop near Eindhoven and the landlord used to put any music on that was requested. He had everything and anything music wise. Although I found out one night that he didn't have any Echo and the Bunnymen, so I asked for it everytime that I went in.

I wasn't bothered but he got some in the end because it p1ssed him off being asked for it. - view external link

[quote="donboy". I loved it and have been a massive Elvis fan ever since.[/quote]

Not a huge fan of Elvis Costello but that is brilliant!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_van_nel
    I used to go in a pub in Geldrop near Eindhoven and the landlord used to put any music on that was requested. He had everything and anything music wise. Although I found out one night that he didn't have any Echo and the Bunnymen, so I asked for it everytime that I went in.

I wasn't bothered but he got some in the end because it p1ssed him off being asked for it.
    Saw Echo and The Bunnymen a few times. Superb in concert. Funny how time passes and you watch that video and cringe at how bad it is.

Met Ian McCulloch once in a club in Liverpool. Think it was called 'The State' or something like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)