+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ST Andrews Countdown lets have ya

ST Andrews Countdown lets have ya

20 players from the past all post war .please put your top six in order and if I have missed out some one better than these, please tell us all who it is ,add them to your top six if you wish
    sort of nicked the idea from the pool site but it looks interesting fun

Alan Campbell, Trevor Francis, Bob Hatton Gill Merick ,Jimmy Greenholf ,Howard Kendal, Collin Todd. Stan Lazerides, Malcom Page, Trevor Smith, Peter Murphy ,Martin Grainger, David Seaman, Kenny Cunningham ,Gordon Astall, Alex Govan, Bob Latchford, Kenny Burns, Gordon taylor

re: ST Andrews Countdown lets have ya

1 Trevor Francis
    2 Peter Murphy
    3 Bob Hatton
    4 Bob Latchford
    5 Martin Grainger
    6 Kenny Cunningham

watching these players has probably given me the most pleasure
    PS Kendal just missed it

1. Trevor Francis
    2. Bob Latchford
    3. Bob Hatton
    4. Kenny Burns
    5. Martin Grainger
    6. Malcolm Page

nice one Gaz can't waite to see spion .bassy pearcy and kroks picks oh and of course the general, then there is viper, 62, and eion. plus many more

1. Trevor Francis2. Bob Latchford3. Bob Hatton4. Kenny Burns5. Christope Dugarry. 6th equal Geoff Vowden, Fred Pickering, Ken Leek, Barry Bridges,
    Jimmy Bloomfield, Bertie Auld, Trevor Smith, Dick Neil, Roger Hynd.

how could I forget

Christophe Dugarry

a derrr moment

I think the jury is still out on Dugarry who was class for half a season then the following term he didn't want to know. Then you look at the likes of Ian Bennet who played for Blues for 10yrs and rarely gets a mention or Martin O'Connor who was the engine room of our midfield for a few years.

true Gaz but he was a pleasure to watch

1) Trevor Francis (0bviously)
    2) Terry Hennessy
    3) Bertie Auld
    4) Bob Latchford
    5) Kenny Burns
    6) Ken Leek

I found this hard to do. Obviously I never saw a lot of the greats from the fifties (Merrick, Smith, the famous five forwards)but no doubt they will have their supporters like Stan Lynn, one of tas' faves. I also have tried to pick genuine "Blues' Players" i.e. they had to have stayed a while so that ruled out Dugarry, McFadden, Joe Hart etc. Anyway here's my sixpence for what it's worth - I haven't looked at anyone else's yet.

1. Trevor Francis - are we serious; is there anyone else?
    2. Kenny Cunningham - played my position and if I had been half the player he was I would have been 300% better
    3. Malcolm Page - schoolboy to full international with Blues and played every outfield position for us.
    4. Mikhail Forssell - incredibly quick feet; a defenders nightmare.
    5. Steven Carr - captained us in the game that matters most of all.
    6. Chris Wood - did what I wanted to do I would have gladly given back all 26 games in a White Shirt for one in Royal Blue
    6. OK just Kidding I kno

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)