+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: teams and scores anyone

teams and scores anyone

anyone tell me an update - always tough at nantwich

re: teams and scores anyone

Leading 4-1 after 60 mins. Saunders, Pogba, Inman and Waters with the goals

sounds good - lot from crewe there ?

Yeah a fair few. Difficult to judge the overall attendance but I'd guess around 1100ish. Couple of trialists playing for us, one appears to be Adam Reed (formerly of Sunderland, Burton and York)

Attendance confirmed-1224

4-1 Full time.

Excellent display from Ollie Turton. Ran the game from midfield in the first half, switched to right back at half time and did equally well.

Was quite concerned with Audel and (at times) Shearer. Audel struggled to win the ball, lost track of his man a few times and passing was awful. Shearer was generally ok, however I wasn't convinced when he shouted for balls that the defence were far better equipped to deal with, and also looked sluggish coming off his line at times.

One question I did have is about Grant's substitution-it's been suggested that the ref ordered his substitution due to swearing and over zealous tackles, even though he didn't concede a free kick and wasn't really spoken to?

Biggest disappointment was Molenxux, one assist then struggled to make a simple pass, out of position most of the time, looked really disinterested.

Was anybody close enough to get a better idea as to why Grant was pulled?

If it was for demanding more protection, albeit not very politely, then this is understandable if agricultural challenges were flying in.

After all, one in the "friendly" against a Man U. team kept Pogba out for six months, and a Wrexham tackle meant that Jake Livermore, who would surely have saved us from relegation, never even played for us.

Refs should get real and understand professionals' genuine concerns for their safety.

Felt that we played well in the 1st half. Good balance to the team and fine movement. Good thing for me was how we closed down the opponents quickly. Good play and movement led to the 3 goals.

In the 2nd half we took a backwards step. The midfield and forwards were prone to losing possession too easily, and Town were far more in the game. Defence stayed solid when they were under pressure.

Shearer is massive. Didn`t really have any saves to make, but his throws and kicks were excellent. The most vocal goalie I have ever heard. He definitely helped the youngsters in the defence. Constantly encouraging them. Obviously have to see him under pressure, but he looks like a good asset.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour
    The most vocal goalie I have ever heard.

Blimey!
    You sure?
    Phillips was hardly quiet ...!!