+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where will we finish Season 14/15

Where will we finish Season 14/15

If Sutton and Ainsworth maintain their strike rate I think 4th , I see Aberdeen and possibly Dundee Utd between us and Celtic.

If Sutton and Ainsworth have a barren season I see a play off spot as our defence has been truly honking and I haven't seen much activity that will change that so far.

re: Where will we finish Season 14/15

I will go for 5th or 6th. As I am sure that the lack of depth in our pool will tell. I still think it will be a top six finish though.

It's impossible to say this stage. On one hand, we're only a striker away from having a top four first-eleven, assuming everyone has the same form as last season...but that's a big assumption.

Alternatively we're a couple of injuries away from being in deep trouble.

You can only really make a fair assessment at the end of August but on the basis I don't see that many teams definitely better than us, I'd be looking for top six right now.

A lot will depend on who we can sign to help the squad size. How come every other team seem to be signing players, yet we're not?
    Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Killie and the unmentionables in the other league have freshened up the squad, why not us?
    I know we're skint, but so are the others.
    Christ, Dundee managed to get a friendly against the English champs and beat them. Would have been a good boost to their ego and the gate would have been pretty good too.
    Let's not allow the joy of the last day of last season to disappear.

Yes, its impossible to tell at this stage. Better to wait until the end of August. By then we'll have hopefully signed 2 or 3 more players. Some clubs have been making quite a few signings but thats because they've lost quite a few. We should benefit from continuity.

All the other clubs that finished in the top 6 all had cup final money's apart
    from us and celtic. So not surprised others are making more signing than us.
    Very happy at getting most of last seasons squad signed up again.
    Lost 4 signed 2 so another 2 players and back to where we were.
    If we can't trust the boss by now there really isn't much hope.

We played some average stuff last season and look were we finished. The manager and players have developed a winning mentality and should be aiming for second again. But the word from the club will be we must aim for top six first of all then take it from there. Still going for second.

At the start of last season, having lost all the players we did I would have settled for avoiding the play off spot. Look what happened then. I say trust in the manager and the team (which is almost the same as last season and we came second), and let's get behind them. Let's face it, if the manager took note of all the postings on this site our squad would be over 500 strong and with all the advice he receives on team selection, use of substitutes and tactics, we would be world club champions.

2nd.
    We get overlooked every season but we're consistently good and we pick up points more often than not.
    Dundee Utd and Aberdeen aren't great and I think we'll finish above them again.

Been the best of the rest 3 years in a row. Surely it's time to show a bit of confidence in our team.

Hibs and Hearts are replaced by Dundee and Hamilton. On this basis we are top 6.

The issue last year was leaking goals, i hope with new goalie and an inspired find to replace hutch the leaks stop. Retaining the goal threat then you'd have to be looking at top 4 / euro spot.

Must stop the defeatist talk and look forward. 90% of the first team retained and McCall still on board who is a top coach to get the most from the team in the league campaign. With lessons learnt, and a bit of luck, might even get a decent run in the cups.

I think third and hope for a good cup run.

Looking for Ainsworth to carry on improving and adding just as many goals as last season. I do really think this guy has a footballing brain and can get better and better.

Here is hoping

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)