+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vale - winding up petition

re: Vale - winding up petition

To be fair, the 37 year old is coming in as player coach.
    And as for starting an academy from scratch, we do have one, but it would be madness to pump in as much money as you do considering we have a premier league neighbour who can afford to hoover up much of the talent. Obviously crewe manage even though situated nearby and near to other perm teams due to reputation and the willingness to blood players early. But that also means that trying to do the same nearby would be financial suicide.
    Personally I think the area of the market we should be looking at are young players who have gone through a prem academy, had the best coaches but haven't quite made the grade, but would be a fantastic potential in league 1. I have no idea how workable that is logistically or financially, but i have no doubt it would be more workable to tap into the coaching of our more wealthy neighbours than go it alone.
    In many ways the emergence of massive academies that hoover up talent early (along with b

That was the Vales big mistake, getting rid of John Rudge. He had a talent for as you say finding rough diamonds.

This pretty much sums up the difference between the clubs for me - and why I am Alex through thin and ... err, thin. :-D

Our nearest rivals would be happy to be 'Stoke-lite' or a retirement home for Prem and Champ rejects. I am sure those guys do a good job and bring experience, and occasional success.

We tend to start them at 8, offer them the potential of a career in football and give them every possible help along the way. The talented ones may leave for bigger clubs, but most we keep, nurture through to the 1st team squad, and some go on to Prem and International stardom.
    We lose a few games, we win a few, but there is always that frisson of 'are we seeing the next international star?'

This, of course is supported by loans and some buys, but the emphasis will always be on our own.

That's why I am Alex through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch
    That was the Vales big mistake, getting rid of John Rudge. He had a talent for as you say finding rough diamonds.
    Wouldn't ever argue with that, and neither would 99% of vale fans. Should have had a job for life in the same way Gradi has for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    This pretty much sums up the difference between the clubs for me - and why I am Alex through thin and ... err, thin. :-D

Our nearest rivals would be happy to be 'Stoke-lite' or a retirement home for Prem and Champ rejects. I am sure those guys do a good job and bring experience, and occasional success.

We tend to start them at 8, offer them the potential of a career in football and give them every possible help along the way. The talented ones may leave for bigger clubs, but most we keep, nurture through to the 1st team squad, and some go on to Prem and International stardom.
    We lose a few games, we win a few, but there is always that frisson of 'are we seeing the next international star?'

This, of course is supported by loans and some buys, but the emphasis will always be on our own.

Hasn't always been the way you did it though. Thats my point. You hit on a one off individual. If

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester

Yeah I see your point to be fair.

however, it's a long time since you produced an "international

Quote Originally Posted by thevale69

Yeah I see your point to be fair.

however, it's a

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234