+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mansfield...

re: Mansfield...

No sign of Chalky, I hope he's not in the tin pail.

Notts 1 Derby 3

A good game was played by both sides,im not sure that Derbys second goal was a pen but all three of the other goals was superb...

No sign of the of that lot across the Trent im pleased to add,maybe the rain put them off...

Quote Originally Posted by chalky-ncfc
    Notts 1 Derby 3

A good game was played by both sides,im not sure that Derbys second goal was a pen but all three of the other goals was superb...

No sign of the of that lot across the Trent im pleased to add,maybe the rain put them off...
    In the mid 90's I used to have a season ticket in A block of the Main Stand at the City Ground - the three blokes who regularly sat behind were all Stags fans who were banned from Field Mill.
    One of the main 'lads' at Forest was actually a (banned) Mansfield fan and both firms used to occasionally help each other out.
    Chesterfield games, Derby and strangely, Luton come to mind.
    It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that Forest might have planned to go to Field Mill to have a go at Birmingham. Derby haven't bought anyone to Forest in years, never mind Notts.
    The scarfers at Mansfield may 'hate Forest' but the owd lads don't.

Its a well known fact that some of the Forest lads go up to Mansfield if the Stags have got a "decent" game so you could well be right,but both games was freindlies,do you think that Brum would have brought many for the Forest lads to go up the A60 to Field Mill for?...

If it was a cup game then i could see it,but with Derby just across the Trent at Meadow Lane i think that they would have been their first thought,i could be wrong though as nothing much happened off field at Notts...

We'd sold around 1,000 tickets for the Mansfield game chalky.
    There's always been a bit of needle against forest,coppers have already bought our game forward to an early kick off away in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Artist
    We'd sold around 1,000 tickets for the Mansfield game chalky.
    There's always been a bit of needle against forest,coppers have already bought our game forward to an early kick off away in the league.
    Quite right, the Zulus are the only ones I have seen walking mob handed down Radcliffe Road after a game and got away with it. There wasn' t quite 'thousands of 'em' though.
    Fa Cup 5th round at St Andrews when we beat you 1 0 was havoc afterwards.
    We always had respect for your mob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12