+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAX CLAYTON

MAX CLAYTON

I can see max not getting a deal at sunderland as i would of thought that if they rated him that highly a deal would of bee on the table by now.So what next for him then season starts in 2 weeks!! ???

re: MAX CLAYTON

Had similar thoughts myself, I presume his agent will have other irons in the fire but the closer it gets to the end of the window, the more difficult it gets for him - I suspect some clubs, who might otherwise be interested, might be concerned about getting burnt on the fee.

Sunderland trial has been extended and Poyet indicating he'll make a decision after tonight's friendly against Hartlepool - stated he could n't make a decision on the basis of 2 weeks of running and 45 mins v Carlisle - personally don't see how 90 mins v Hartlepool improves the assessment process that much but this is football where logic flies out of the window sometimes.

I Agree cant see many clubs taking the chance on a player that is not even proven at lower level football. Think based on N Powels sale crewe will be looking at at least 1 mil upfront with poss 2 mil in add on.

The problem for any new clubs is they have little to go on regards MC ability based on his form at L2 and L1 level although he may have been super playing against other kids in internationals. Not all of them go on to the PL as we know.

They also don't know what transfer fee will be assessed which may or may not reflect this ability and even though PL clubs have money to burn seemingly getting 60 million plus from TV rights, taking a chance could be worthwhile for them. I would guess though they will be looking at getting a decent contribution from him now at his age rather than in two or three years time.

What happens if Sunderland don't sign him and other clubs who may have been interested take fright and he has to come back here to do what? Sign a contract reluctantly?

What a mess!

It need not have been like that though as another season here may have fulfilled expectations or perhaps not?

IF he does get signed somewhere and makes a million in the process and doesn't ever

Played for an hour tonight with the senior players - had 2 shiots - just missed with one and scuffed the other also set up Fletcher who did not finish.
    They changed the whole team after an hour was 0-0 till then but the kids who came on won it 3-0

Maybe had he scored two or three goals, they may have signed him? The other thing forgotten is that any club will have to pay a decent wage week on week while they wait and see?

One could argue that even we are taking a chance based on his past contributions? 3 years on top pay etc?

How come Dario thought he was better than Powell anyway? Was he ever that good as we never saw it? We are amazed he never got the games in a poor Utd side though?

MC wasn't picked for the Carlisle game at all..see link below..not even though 21 players were tried out during the game? Odd? No Max though?

Sunderland are going on tour after tonight's game against Hartlepool and so we should get to know either way in the next day or two. ie if he goes, he will probably sign, if not, why leave him behind? - view external link

yep, he had 45 mins against Darlington previously not Carlisle - apologies, got that one wrong.

Has I have said many times before...badly advised

yes tell Max to get a move on Norman is running short and needs a sub...

maybe sunderland who wanted borini from Liverpool but that deal is dead - might take max for the right money -

dont think most of our fans would want him back here to be honest - but weve only 2 fit forwards with games under there belts - pogba / oliver

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast