+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rovers pre season

re: rovers pre season

What a twohat.was he even there?

Quote Originally Posted by loadsamoney
    What a twohat.was he even there?
    no, roverplayer commentry presented the nightmare to me..

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    Every game is designed to step the players match fitness up it was quite clear from yesterday's game the players couldn't run non stop for 70-75 minutes so they seemed to back off in spells and conserve energy.
    Judge the players on the stoke game as by then they should be ready for the start of the season.
    you negate to mention that stanley are only early in their own pre season themselves. why would they be any fitter than our lads? and if they are, then why is that..? if it boils down to the game meaning more to them than us(them wanting our `scalp` for instance), then attitude comes into question, doesn`t it..?

you go on and believe it means nowt, whereas i`ll remain concerned until convinced otherwise. be interesting to see how burnley do against them..

I can tell you exaclty why I remember the pre season games from 94/95 Sax. It culminated in the Charity Shield vrs Man Utd. We rested the likes of Shearer, and gave game time to those who needed it (what pre season is all about). They fielded a fairly strong side and beat us easily 2-0. Alot was made of the fact we where poor that day. And the fact we had won non of oyr pre season games. When asked, Dalglish just smirked and said 'well we better find our form when it counts'.
    We did. But that day losing to United was one ****e day!! And having to endure them all the way back home. Making May the following year even more sweeter.
    Its about fitness, and putting a few things into practice we are trying out in training. We wont be starting games with our starting 11 that will play the 1st league game yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    I can tell you exaclty why I remember the pre season games from 94/95 Sax. It culminated in the Charity Shield vrs Man Utd. We rested the likes of Shearer, and gave game time to those who needed it (what pre season is all about). They fielded a fairly strong side and beat us easily 2-0. Alot was made of the fact we where poor that day. And the fact we had won non of oyr pre season games. When asked, Dalglish just morked and said 'well we better find our form when it counts'.
    We did. But that day losing to United was one ****e day!! And having to endure them all the way back home. Making May the following year even more sweeter.
    Its about fitness, and putting a few things into practice we are trying out in training. We wont be starting games with
    i was at wembley for both our dismal charity sheild performances unfortunatly..

cantona pen, ince overhead kick, first one.

vinny samways fluke cross dropping in for everton in a sparse

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    I can tell you exaclty why I remember the pre season games from 94/95 Sax. It culminated in the Charity Shield vrs Man Utd. We rested the likes of Shearer, and gave game time to those who needed it (what pre season is all about). They fielded a fairly strong side and beat us easily 2-0. Alot was made of the fact we where poor that day. And the fact we had won non of oyr pre season games. When asked, Dalglish just morked and said 'well we better find our form when it counts'.
    Its about fitness, and putting a few things into practice we are trying out in training. We wont be starting games with
    i was at wembley for both our dismal charity sheild performances unfortunatly..

cantona pen, ince overhead kick, first one.

vinny sam

Going off Saddo`s logic , Rovers had a bad result so will be relegated . Stanley had a good result so will be promoted . Meaning we will play them twice in 2015/16 season !
    I like this game !

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    fair enough, but i disagree. during england`s friendlies in the run up to the world cup we showed defensive frailties, and that showed up as our problem in the tournament itself..
    Little bit different, the England players didn't need any fitness training as they had just finished the season. So they were already up to speed and match fit. Whereas pre-season the players have not played competitive football for a couple of months and need to get back into the swing of things.

You could look at it a different way. Considering we went down twice to Stanley, even though it was only a friendly, the players showed commitment in getting two equalizers. I guess this means if we destroy Bradford on Saturday that we're going to finish top of the league?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoon
    fair enough, but i disagree. during england`s friendlies in the run up to the world cup we showed defensive frailties, and that showed up as our problem in the tournament itself..
    Little bit different, the England players didn't need any fitness training as they had just finished the season. So they were already up to speed and match fit. Whereas pre-season the players have not played competitive football for a couple of months and need to get back into the swing of things.

You could look at it a different way. Considering we went down twice to Stanley, even though it was only a friendly, the players showed commitment in getting two equalizers. I guess this means if we destroy Bradford on Saturday that we're going to finish top of the league?[/quote]

i`m just of the opinion that good pre season form can be carried into the season, and so can bad..

Is it a optical illusion or does Dunn look a lot slimmer than last season so far pre season ???
    Looks like he was told to improve his fitness before resigning

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)