+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TAKEOVER BID

TAKEOVER BID

Cant the takeover happened if John Ryan appeals? the club is a mess if you ask me.

re: TAKEOVER BID

Let me try to summarise Doncaster's Rovers progress over recent years. I am not an expert, but a fan for many years so what goes on in the boardroom and changing rooms is outside my sphere of knowledge. I can only read what is in the press.

After years of virtual oblivion, John Ryan came on board in 2003 with his millions and changed the club's fortunes. With additional backing from mega-millions guys like Terry Bramhall and Dick Watson the club raced from the Conference in 2003 to the Championship in 2009. Every fan owes a lot to these 3 guys for what they did for the club.

We also had good managers like Dave Penney and Sean O'Driscoll who turned the cash into a good successful team.

All went wrong in the 2011-2012 season when 4 directors pulled out and basically took some of their cash with them after a boardroom fallout. They brought in loads of under-performing loan players that resulted in us being relegated from the Championship. Dean Saunders struggled as 19 players left

Good post to read. Can you see this takeover bid totally gone, or will Louis And John try and appeal or sort this matter out.

Thanks for the comment Juninho. Rules are rules and have to start sometime no matter how inconvenient or unpopular they may be at the time. An appeal would be unlikely to succeed which is why I don't think the board will attempt it.

The comments from Tomlinson saying that he was misled (by Ryan?) over funding suggest that he will walk away from the club or at least not trust Ryan again. Ryan keeps throwing his dummy out of the pram saying he will give up football altogether hardly looks optimistic either.

Wellens has walked and Coppinger is now going after 10 years. Coppinger is an undieniably great Rovers player I can't imagine being without. He has shown such great dedication to the team over the years. Not being able to afford him implies a financial crisis greater than we have seen in the last decade.

With each passing day I see us slipping down the table at the end of the season. I think we have more of a crisis than the board are admitting to. How I would welcome some stabil

You've hit the nail on the head here STop. As everyone knows, championship football is no longer a realistic ambition in the present conditions. The lift is going down rather than up, players on their way out rather than on their way in. Who can blame them? Hats off to Dickov for sticking valiantly to the task, with hardly a hint of public resentment - whether you're for or against him, let's face it - he's not been given a fair crack of the whip

Excuse my ignorance but why didn't the takeover happen, I thought it had gone ahead.
    Ive lived in Donny for 24 years and whatched rovers impressively rise from the doldrums . You started to get a new generation of fans coming through but it looks like all the troubles inside the club could unforetunately loose some of those young fans aswell as the tommy two teams who came back after rovers success.
    Football now is eating itself and little clubs like ours are suffering for the greed and elitist of the prem and its parachute payments policy.

Like I have said before, I am no expert and am happy to be contradicted and take no offence where I am wrong, but as I understand it ...

In simple terms, the Football League is trying to protect clubs from facing administration by stopping takeovers by owners who can't support the club financially after the takeover. Such rules applied to the Premiership and the Championship. In the last 2 or 3 years we have seen a number of clubs go into administration, but fortunately for them, they have been docked 15 points or so and managed to stay in business. In theory, a wealthy billionaire could buy a club's shares, get control and then not spend any money on players or the grounds and effectively destroy the club.

Similarly, there are rules governing owners owning more than one club, or having significant interests in more than one club, especially in the same division. This could lead to match fixing.

Transferring shares in DRFC between Bramhall, Watson, Ryan, Sequentia, Tomlinson (and a

I personally don't want to see you fail ! Always liked Donny , and I don't know why !! Probably a Yorkshire thing ! But in all honesty it's looking from the outside ? A major problem for your club ! This Tomlinson rubbish has done you more harm than good IMO ! All the best anyway ,