+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20 years on..

re: 20 years on..

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    The Cup win was unexpected and brilliant, but the League win means far more than beating Spurs that day.

Saxo on a wind up again.
    not at all, just my view..[/quote]

Well you can keep your Mickey Mouse Cup win, I will have the Premier League title

Now if we were to win the FA Cup, that would be up there as it's something the vast majority of living Rovers fans have not seen.[/quote]

I like this comment
    Furthermore, I agree, we are in an exclusive club of winners.
    All these billy big bol

Man U took 6 points off us that season aswell. The home game, the sending off off Berg when we leading 1-0, and the award of the Pen was one of the very worst I've seen in the Prem, considering the stakes of that title decider. The other game at OT we had a perfectly good goal in the last minute disallowed by either Shearer or Sherwood?) that was the sole reason they even got close to us. The game that won it for us, the one that carried the most pressure was VE Day at Ewood. 1-0 win over Newcastle. A goal that summed up the entire season. Brilliance from Le Saux, on the left, Shearer header. Flowers was awesome that night for us, saving chance after chance. That put us in the position of us with it in our hands. That handed all the pressure on United. They had to go and beat what we did. They didn't. Stop making yourself look sillier by the post Sax.

another thing that soured the title win for me now, is alan shearer`s declaration that he`d swap his prem medal with rovers for a league cup medal with newcastle, if he could..

it adds weight to the `manufactured false team` arguement that was thrown at rovers at the time. and yes, that can be aimed at the likes of chelsea and man city now too..

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    another thing that soured the title win for me now, is alan shearer`s declaration that he`d swap his prem medal with rovers for a league cup medal with newcastle, if he could..

it adds weight to the `manufactured false team` arguement that was thrown at rovers at the time.

Fk me ...I get more sense out of my Gran who sadly doesn't know who I am anymore, or what day it is. I jst can't talk about footy with you.
    It's a lovely evening and I ain't wasting it on a fk tard like you.

Shearer won one thing in his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    The Cup win was unexpected and brilliant, but the League win means far more than beating Spurs that day.

Saxo on a wind up again.
    not at all, just my view..[/quote]

Well you can keep your Mickey Mouse Cup win, I will have the Premier League title

Now if we were to win the FA Cup, that would be up there as it's something the vast majority of living Rovers fans have not seen.[/quote]

I like this comment
    Furthermore, I agree, we are in an

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

it adds weight to the `manufactured false team` arguement that was thrown at rovers at the time.

Fk me ...I get more sense out of my Gran who sadly doesn't know who I am anymore, or what day it is. I jst can't talk about footy with you.
    It's a lovely evening and I ain't wasting it on a fk tard like you.

Shearer won one thing in his entire career.[/quote]

get out and enjoy it then, and stop being such an easy target all the time..

1974/75 3rd Division Champions.
    1994/95 Prem Champions.
    2014/15 we can dream

If u had missed out that day.do u reckon jack walker wud have carried it on with the big spending?

Quote Originally Posted by oswaldtwistleclaret
    If u had missed out that day.do u reckon jack walker wud have carried it on with the big spending?
    without question. but if we hadn`t won it then, we never would have done at all, as dalglish had already handed in his notice..

Opinions are wonderful things...we all have them. The only trouble is when we take umbrage over someone else's.

We can all opinion in when the title was won, or lost, by either contender (in this case BRFC vs Man U). but neither makes any credible sense.
    Over a full season there are a myriad of moments where a refs decision, a late tackle, a unwarranted red card, a goalies clanger, a strikers miss etc. etc. will have a culpable effect upon the final outcome. But when packaging all of it together it equates to x points BRFC against y points MUFC. And that is how titles are determined (and always have been).
    From my own 'emotional' point of view VE night was the point at which my gut said 'it may be on'. This was purely driven by the incredible emotive atmosphere that probably affected the vast majority. But in the cold light of day it was just simply yet more 3 very hard fought points. And it all had to be done again at the next match (no different than its always been).
    So what Utd fa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)