+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stjarnen defeat Motherwell in extra-time

re:en defeat Motherwell in extra-time

I think a tad harsh on Manager, yip I never expected us to win tie taking our opponents current form into consideration, and I think they are way better than pollock juniors,we need to gave Icelandic football a BITMORE RESPECT.
    Our problem is our team is now where near the std required to compete at this level, due to our financial woes as we are constantly reminded by our manager he has no money to spend on developing the squad , so he has got to run with what he has at his disposal,and alot needs freshened up, and strengthened and we cannot do that, hence my fears for season ahead, especially the start for most will know our weaknesses and easily exploit us. TIN HELMETS ON

re: re:en defeat Motherwell in extra-time

I dont think this loss had anything to do with our financial woes this team was way good enough to beat an icelandic team. Aberdeen played 3 frienlies 21st,25th,and 28th june before they played an easy 1st round tie and then through in another friendly on 6th july.St johnstone played 2 friendlies 9th july and 12th july before their game and played one in between on 19th july .We played 1 friendly and expected to be match fit Celtic also had numerous games before their tie so guess what 3 teams who have played games to get match fit go through and the 1 that goes to portugal for a week and then comes back to only play 1 game gets papped out. Sorry but IMO its not finances that stopped us going through it was lack of preparation.

I work in the fitnes ind and I can tell you only get fit playing in front of a crowd

Quote Originally Posted by director
    I think a tad harsh on Manager, yip I never expected us to win tie taking our opponents current form into consideration, and I think they are way better than pollock juniors,we need to gave Icelandic football a BITMORE RESPECT.
    Our problem is our team is now where near the std required to compete at this level, due to our financial woes as we are constantly reminded by our manager he has no money to spend on developing the squad , so he has got to run with what he has at his disposal,and alot needs freshened up, and strengthened and we cannot do that, hence my fears for season ahead, especially the start for most will know our weaknesses and easily exploit us. TIN HELMETS ON
    Glad to see a balanced view. They are unbeaten in the league and well into their season. If it had been much later in the season I would agree that we deserved real criticism. As it is we were not sharp enough in all departments.

We have no God given right to win games. That's not my point though - its the manner in which we went out. Serious questions must be asked about poor preparation; lack of fitness; tactics; signing policy; and team selection. Long running defensive weaknesses were again our undoing and there really is no excuse for that.

The fans can't be hoodwinked and many have concerns about some or all of the above.

The manner of our draw and defeat give me great cause for concern, as we enter a new season.

That's when the manager should do what he's paid for, prepare the team for the upcoming fixture, the preperation was poor and we paid the price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)