+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Twardzik

re: Twardzik

Quote Originally Posted by bheron

Where was the defenders or the other midfielders. For all you can criticise him, at least he was where the player was (I can hear you all saying he WAS the danger, but you know what I mean).
    My question is why wasn't the tackle made 10/15 metres outside of the box? Its suicidal to defend so deeply. If you look at many of the European games we've seen at Fir Park, the best sides allowed us nowhere near their box.

Exactly mate we are not or any where near good enough to compete in Europe at the stage of the season.Who is to blame for this constant flaw ?

The manager. He's the one who prepares and picks the team and formations. If he hasn't got the nouse to have a team ready for a part time icelandic team no matter where we, or they are in the current season, questions have to be asked in my opinion.

Pity we haven't got a player in our ranks who could pull a shot like that off, it looks to me like the keepers positioning was wrong. Maybe lacking in concentration at that moment.

My 1 krona worth.

Twardzik's slight frame and athleticism has many positives. It affords him excellent reflexes and agility and his speed over the ground allows him to close down quickly. His slight build and stature comes at a price though and to dismiss this as not really that important, ignores a significant weakness in his game.

It looks to me that Twardzik will often be physically out musculed/ easily blocked at set pieces and vulnerable to lofted balls/strikes at goal. I would imagine any opposing manager will highlight this to his players and most likely seek to expose it.

Regardless of what heights are quoted about the two, anyone who has stood next to both keepers will tell you Randolph dwarves Twardzik.

I've posted a link below of Randolph standing on his goal line for a penalty against Birmingham. Going through his penalty routine Randolph raises his hands to make himself look as big as possible (touching the bar easily whilst stood still). If the penalty taker glances a

An interesting logical assessment. You're right Randolph is possibly 2/3 inches taller than Twardzik and a such his reach, in boxing parlance, will be that much greater. That few inches could make all the difference in getting fingers to a penalty or stopping it. His stature places Twardzik at an immediate relative disadvantage at penalties. In any physical encounter, which lets face it isn't uncommon at set pieces & crosses, Twardzik will be at a disadvantage. That's before he even takes to the field, and of course is in no way his fault.

From what I've seen of him so far his judgement can be called into question - vis a vis his fumbling of a shot in the Fulham game. He should have beat that out not try to save it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)