+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So in summation...

So in summation...

Our goalkeeper let in a howler from 30 yards to knock us out.
    The defence conceded five goals to a team of semi-pros.
    The midfield was nowhere, our captain conceded three penalties.
    The attack missed a glut of chances.
    The team collectively still aren't fit.
    The coach never learns from mistakes and has no concept of cup football.

Josh Law - two goals and an assist in two games - is about the only slight positive I can think of.

I suspect there's enough utter dross in the league we won't actually go down but, at long last, the cycle has surely come to an end and we're due a miserable campaign. MyPa signalled the end of the 93-95 run - tonight was the end of 2007-2014.

re: So in summation...

Hope you're wrong, but I fear you may be correct.

I still think we will get top 6 but can see Celtic dons Dundee utd and st Johnstone above us but agree totally with your summation a few people will have a lot of thinking time on that flight home including manager and would love to know who decided on the 1 match strategy as I am still sure if we had played more friendlies we would have been fitter and would have won. Is that us to the 9th of August now or will we arrange a friendly next week as they certainly need to get match fit

Josh law looks a good player...one year deal should have been two
    Lasley should have got one year not two as he is going to pick up more and more yellows and reds this season any slower and I could walk faster.

Goalies fill me with dread...

Need a commanding centre back with big mick and 100% striker...

Also go up have a look at Dundee Utd youth set up and scouting they are about 6 mill to the good excluding sell ons...

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    Hope you're wrong, but I fear you may be correct.
    He's spot on.

Sevco-Dross, Albion Rovers-Dross, Part-Time Trawlermen-Dross ======== the embarrassment continues.

Its unacceptable McCall. Read this and go ply yer trade at yer level, Bradford & District Under 7's Girls. :/ :/ :/ before you lead us head-long into a Relegation scrap and Administration.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)