+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It was a very hot night!

It was a very hot night!

It was a very hot night and couldn't sleep and so as usual, decided to go for a drive in my flash BMW and so drove along a well worn route up the Middlewich Road heading towards Nantwich and the Tarporley Bypass and turned right and past Reeseheath College and always glanced in that direction as who knows what goes on in that hallowed football training facility. And just then, saw the brightish light of a bonfire or something and thought some idiot who was so concerned at the lack of signings this time around, had had enough and set fire to the buildings. Maybe they thought the insurance money could bring in one or two of the right calibre? And even though one had some sympathy with that point of view, thought it would be a bit OTT myself. Anyway, it may have been something else like the club holding a barbecue for potential signings and trialists and never one to pass up a chance to see, decided once again to climb over the fence and have a decko This time though I was completely nud

re: It was a very hot night!

Mikesb quote:Anyway, no buildings were on fire which was a shame in some respects as I have the Chester Fire Brigade number on my call log along with Cheshire Police and the lunatic asylum as you never know when its needed.Unquote.

Your last sentence,methinks you need it,you seem to be losing the plot.

Escape from The Barony, eh? An interesting, some might say Dostoevskian, study in mental disintegration, but don't give up the day job, pal.

Oh sorry, silly me: from the breadth of your reminiscences, you must be already retired.

It was a very hot night!

Mike,why don't you just get lost you lunatic.

What has this nonsense got to do with football !

sorry i found it VERY funny

Thanks Bonehead, just thought a little satire and irony was in order myself but you can't please everyone and life is not that serious is it? OK it was Bill Shankly when asked the same sort of question about life and death, replied that football was much more serious or something!

Anyone ever see spitting image or 'That was the week that was', with David Frost? Maybe most are too young on here to have done so but it was just normal to take the P out of everything and everyone, especially Politicians and humour was part of an emergence from a sombre post war Britain when food rationing was about and many Dads failed to come home from the WW2 that only few now will recall and how great it was to see the re-emergence at last of fun and enthusiasm for life once again.

Life seems better than it ever was back then with all the latest gadgets and toys and mobile phones and foreign travel and such like and youngsters scoff when they hear how the weekly washing was done in zinc tubs and

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    It was a very hot night and couldn't sleep and so as usual ...

Just trying to work out if you are very clever and articulate ... or just plain mad!?
    The jury's out!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    It was a very hot night and couldn't sleep and so as usual ...

Just trying to work out if you are very clever and articulate ... or just plain mad!?
    The jury's out!![/quote]

You do know there is a fine line between genius and insanity!

If that's the choice ST, I'll take the just plain mad!...but one should never interfere with public opinion and any jury that is still considering its verdict.

Thing is though, one gets you a Booker Prize and the other a panel of shrinks..Now some may think the two are interchangeable?

Re. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umHj1lf_bU8 MikeSB What ever she's got on her Barnet we could use to stiffen up our defense.