+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pogba

re: Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Requested, granted, fee agreed! Offski!!!

So we were gash last season and we've lost, from the squad numbers.

And we may sell Number 2

Anyone worried yet?

Very. Current squad is not upto league 1 standard.

Its always darkest just before dawn and though our expectations are at rock bottom, that may just work to our advantage as we surprise the opposition with skill, passion and endeavor..

It may well be the making of many a young player who never thought he would get the chance so soon.

There are few loan signings that have proved better than what we have already.

"We go where our kids take us"..

Dario Gradi

I find your optimism astounding, Mike. I read your post through twice waiting for the expected barb - but it just wasn't there. Perhaps it's irony? :-D

Pogba will be a serious omission from the squad, but we were already short of a striker up there: now it's two.

I am convinced that SD, Bakes and others are working flat out to bring in loans and/or replacements. I just hope they can get the lads they want.

My main worry is that with the loss of Pogs et al our current squad contributed just 14 goals last season. We have struggled with scoring over the last few years so I hope that a signing or a loan player is imminent (or MC stays and earns his corn).

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo
    My main worry is that with the loss of Pogs et al our current squad contributed just 14 goals last season. We have struggled with scoring over the last few years so I hope that a signing or a loan player is imminent (or MC stays and earns his corn).
    Max may well rue the day that he turned down that three year deal at the Alex. Had he have stayed, he would have been first choice striker now!

Has he signed for anyone?

Pretty sure Max is still able to accept the offer or ironically any improved offer from us.

The other irony is if Sunderland dont make an offer, then does that potentially impact his value at a tribunal. If so, he could become more attractive as clubs gamble on a lower compensation ?

All a mess that in hindsight could have been better resolved behind closed doors, indeed I hope thats what is happening now as he has bulked up and I think he needs us as much as we now need him, his intelligence and runs is badly missing, no movement for a midfield 3 to find from what I saw yesterday and Macclesfield..

still think a way must be found to by a player up top a little older - that has played and scored at our level - if you havnt scored 5 goals a season for your club your not a centre forward

trouble with prem teams 2nd team/ 3rd team players is that there not used to the strong defenders in the proper leagues so they struggle untill half way through the loan - unless there like the watford boy who was like a mountain

clubs like Burton / Walsall / Bury surely dont have more gates than us - so we should have some money in pot - they get decent players in from around them

We are going in to a new season yet again with no goals in us!

Could've done with Pogs on Saturday. Neither Atkinson nor Lancaster looked like scoring although we did look more of a threat in the second half with the Molyneux/Oliver combination. Still a big worry where the goals are coming from this season tho!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast