+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OT: Annoying BBC apologies.

re: OT: Annoying BBC apologies.

Sky were at it after the Grand Prix. Apologising for something Ricciardo said during,er, helmet removal before they walked to the podium. I didn't bother re-winding to hear what he said. I couldn't give a bladdy to55

What did he say?

"right I'm off to polish my helmet" ???

Don't see any issue with asking people to maintain a certain standard of decency.

It is the small incivilities that go unpunished that lead to bigger issue. Like littering or dog turds all over. Once that starts more people do it because it seems pointless to clear up when others don't bother.

This is how places like "Benefits Street" end up with fridges in the garden or sofas in the street, because no one takes responsibility for things.

Trouble with this is, these are people caught up in the moment and not used to minding themselves on TV. Still sad that it is now 'normal' speech though.

But what is that standard?

One set by the liberal thought police that have no real life experiences?

^^^ don't feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    But what is that standard?

One set by the liberal thought police that have no real life experiences?
    Who exactly is this group you call 'the liberal thought police'? Where and how do they set these standards. You must know exactly who they are to be able to make the comment they 'have no real life experience'.

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide
    ^^^ don't feed the trolls
    Too late fivetide

FFS why don't the do gooders keep their noses out of other peoples and get on with their own lives, have you ever thought they might not want you to interfere with their lives.

Puff to me means man the f**k up so I agree with Hemans post

Quote Originally Posted by Heman
    Is it me or is it that the meaning of puff has changed to suit people being offended.

Before you could call someone a puff because they were 'powder puff' or weak. Now it means homo***ual.

You used to be able to say I am gay - meaning I am happy. Now it means homo***ual.

Just a thought, if gay people want more tolerance they should be more tolerant and stop picking up on trivial adjectives out of context.
    I think you may find it is the other way round.

Homo***uals were called puffs (by implication meaning they were 'power puff weak'). It was a term used as an insult and in no way originated by the gay community.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234