+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any truth in the rumour...

Any truth in the rumour...

... that Audel is playing better this time round?

When I read that a mix-up between him and Shearer had gifted Wolves a goal, I thought "here we go again". Yet on the OS, Steve is being unaccustomedly complimentary to the lad.

Is this pure kidology, to big up a player whose self-esteem is low, and in view of the fact that he may be needed as a CD in Harry's absence? Or are there signs of improvement?

Thoughts, o ye who have attended pre-season games?

re: Any truth in the rumour...

i thought him , turton , waters , ray all had outstanding games

oliver too - won everything in the air

inman was a dissapointment

Better than last season, yes. Better than Ellis/Davis/Dugdale, no.

Made a few ***** interceptions against wolves, but was poor in the tackle, wasn't strong enough, had poor judgement as a whole and doesn't seem capable of a simple 10 yard pass.

Having seen Audel's home debut last season when he was truly awful, I have to say he looked a different player on Saturday against Wolves. All credit to the lad for his efforts, particularly in the first half when he looked one of our best players. Hope he carries on improving!

Thought you were going to say there was a rumour of us spending money!!!

Against Nantwich Audel looked like yaya Toure. Bis strong and ...you know the rest. BTW
    Andy White looked very good. An attacking left back. Did injury finish his Crewe career?