+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morgan and Jay Rod off to Spurs?!!!

Morgan and Jay Rod off to Spurs?!!!

Press association reporting this as well as talksport.
    Surely not?... - view external link

re: Morgan and Jay Rod off to Spurs?!!!

I saw that. This is getting beyond a joke
    Message from the board bl**dy quick

I really don't understand what is going on at Saints FC. It seems you are hell bent on selling your complete first team squad and I can't remember any successful club having a clear out of these proportions. Hopefully your new manager is happy with these sales and has a plan of how to spend all that cash you have in the bank. Difficult to see how he can pull in top quality with so many bigger clubs here and abroad willing to throw similar money about in more glamorous surroundings.
    Unfortunate that player loyalty is a thing of the past and the modern footballer has his eye firmly on the prize. In my opinion the prize is money but hidden in a cloak called Champions League football. I think most of them would sit on the bench at Bognor if you paid them enough.
    Let's hope you can put together a squad good enough to be competitive in the Premier League but reckon it will be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdder
    I really don't understand what is going on at Saints FC. It seems you are hell bent on selling your complete first team squad and I can't remember any successful club having a clear out of these proportions. Hopefully your new manager is happy with these sales and has a plan of how to spend all that cash you have in the bank. Difficult to see how he can pull in top quality with so many bigger clubs here and abroad willing to throw similar money about in more glamorous surroundings.
    Unfortunate that player loyalty is a thing of the past and the modern footballer has his eye firmly on the prize. In my opinion the prize is money but hidden in a cloak called Champions League football. I think most of them would sit on the bench at Bognor if you paid them enough.
    Let's hope you can put together a squad good enough to be competitive in the Premier League but reckon it will be difficult.
    Very simple really Adds
    Sell off all the most v

You would think the fans might be given a chance to celebrate a top trophy before they were turned over?
    OH Well back to normal for saints then.