+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1987 F A Cup Final

re: 1987 F A Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by danegee
    How did Spurs manage to lose at Wembley to such an average side as that Coventry team?

A Tottenham side which contained such class acts as Hoddle,Waddle, Ardiles, Clive Allen etc should have battered the team of average players they faced.
    Morning Davee and Dev -

This could be for the following reasons:

1: Coventry were a fluent and stylish team who dazzled you with their skill, winning by virtue of their superior tactical nouse and continental flair.

2: The alignment of planets was all wrong for North London, due to a confluence between Mars and Venus setting up an Aquarian perturbation.

3: You were rubbish.

I'm plumping for No.3

[/quote]

Well a team with flair, with thoroughbred players that ooze class had to play rubbish to lose against a t

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron
    How old are you Froggy?????

I ask as I haven't heard the expression "plumping" since I was at school as a 12 yr old and it had a different meaning then!!!!

Mind you living in Stevenage is like living in the 70's!!!

Afternoon Dev.

I'm very old. Old enough to remember when you had players with proper hairlines like Gilzean.

Plump is a perfectly nice English word - although I suppose in your neck of the woods there is little use for such a thing.

Stevenage was, and is, a verdant beacon for polite society, nestling in the Hertfordshire countryside my friend.

It has produced many of our nation's great people - a veritable breeding ground for the brilliant, successful and urbane.

It offers a warm welcome for those of us with a profound appreciation of the arts, as well as being a hub for the scientific community.

In summary, anyone having anything whatsoever usefu

Quote Originally Posted by DEVONSPUR
    How old are you Froggy?????

I ask as I haven't heard the expression "plumping" since I was at school as a 12 yr old and it had a different meaning then!!!!

Mind you living in Stevenage is like living in the 70's!!!

Afternoon Dev.

I'm very old. Old enough to remember when you had players with proper hairlines like Gilzean.

Plump is a perfectly nice English word - although I suppose in your neck of the woods there is little use for such a thing.

Stevenage was, and is, a verdant beacon for polite society, nestling in the Hertfordshire countryside my friend.

It has produced many of our nation's great people - a veritable breeding ground for the brilliant, successful and urbane.

It offers a warm welcome for those of us with a profound appreciation of the arts, as well as being a hub for the scientific community.

In s

She did have extremely wide parameters as I recall!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)