+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone...

re: Anyone...

Most of the French are arrogant phookers JJ..the Spanish are a good lot and will speak English unlike the French .. It took me about three years to become pretty fluent in spanish, so you should manage it quite easy in a couple..some lovely places in Northern Spain as well

I never got to see the dog last time nor this, but saw the child and grandma.
    Luckily I know Liverpool quite well, so parked up free, saw those two and off again in 90 mins.
    I know of people who went there for the day though.
    There was a story being told evidently, but for me it was just about watching 30 odd Frenchmen operate the puppets by jumping off holding a rope...

Quote Originally Posted by cpw_cpw
    We know people over in Spain, I'm hoping to pop over for a few days in a couple of months time to see what's what. Not sure what I would do in France, the lingo could be a real problem.
    I was down in London a few months ago having a sniff about, but the price of housing is scandalous, was in Liverpool at the weekend, I was very impressed.
    I'm just trying to weigh up my options, knowing me probably **** all will come of it.
    was going to say, i wouldn't expect the french to speak english like some parts of europe do.

i've been learning the language for best part of ten years and can put you on to some decent stuff if you're serious.

if you're an absolute beginner you can't beat michel thomas. that's where i started.[/quote]

As I say, I'm not sure what to do, the advantage of Spain where our friends are is there's a large ex-pat community.
    One lad I know house-sits larg

suppose it depends what you're looking for. if you want britain but with better weather, ex-pats and spain sounds like a plan.

i've lived abroad and mainly hung around with english speakers. you don't really feel like you've lived in the country though.

Quote Originally Posted by lescand
    I never got to see the dog last time nor this, but saw the child and grandma.
    Luckily I know Liverpool quite well, so parked up free, saw those two and off again in 90 mins.
    I know of people who went there for the day though.
    There was a story being told evidently, but for me it was just about watching 30 odd Frenchmen operate the puppets by jumping off holding a rope...
    The gran spoke some gibberish which was translated into english and I still couldn't make out what it was about (something to do with the war).

Just having a wee read about Liverpool

“The 25-year-old male from Norris Green has been arrested on suspicion of possession of an imitation firearm.

An eyewitness said: "There was a man with a pink water pistol and he was waving it about everywhere.

as tu decide ton avenir, jj?

Quote Originally Posted by cpw_cpw
    as tu decide ton avenir, jj?
    I no speaka da lingo, but looking out of my window at the pouring rain, tempting is Spain.

Having worked for the past 13 years in a high school that focused on teaching both Spanish and French as a "second language" teachers of both languages agreed that Spanish is the easier language to learn/master. As well, many other countries in the Americas speak Spanish as well. Not sure if this makes a difference, but it may to some.

[quote="TundraWolf" teachers of both languages agreed that Spanish is the easier language to learn/master. As well, many other countries in the Americas speak Spanish as well. Not sure if this makes a difference, but it may to some.[/quote]

Estoy de acuerdo contigo..Tundra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast