+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried

re: Worried

"This is where all are looking at GB to step up and be more brave/offensive"
    Those last 12 games you mentioned , we scored 31 goals . If thats not being brave/offensive , then I dont know what you`re looking for .
    Its the defensive side of the team that needs improving .
    We dont keep many clean sheets .

. .

[quote="needle"
    Those last 12 games you mentioned , we scored 31 goals . If thats not being brave/offensive , then I dont know what you`re looking for .
    Its the defensive side of the team that needs improving .
    We dont keep many clean sheets .[/quote]

Quite right, but what I was referring to were the ones where (and not just necessarily in the last 12) we 'took our foot off the gas' and allowed the opposition back into the game.
    This is not say I expect us to press the opposition for 90+ mins every game, but the maximum within our capabilities. This in deference to a formation/players change, that in many cases seemed unnecessary, and thus altered the game to our disadvantage.
    IMO many of the 'defensive lapses' were attributable from 'inviting pressure'.

If Rovers aren't 4-0 by halftime I'm walking out ...of Saxo's front room!! As I'm going round his to watch it on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    If Rovers aren't 4-0 by halftime I'm walking out ...of Saxo's front room!! As I'm going round his to watch it on Sky
    Dont go peeping through any keyholes !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    Dont go peeping through any keyholes !!!!![/quote]

If the match is poor, thats exactly what I will be doing

Apparently we didn't win a game pre-season 94/95. looking for positives. I know one thing I would be totally disheartened if we lined up with willowe in centre mid with a fully fit squad. ''never learn'' springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    my concern is(going off preseason) that bowyer will continue with his `squad` ideas, and constantly change the line up, depending on opposition/ what players he thinks has trained well in the run up to games..

that does not work, you need a settled first choice 11.
    For once Saxo has got it spot on.
    A settled 11 is the reason we got promoted but pre season friendlies mean absolutely fck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer
    my concern is(going off preseason) that bowyer will continue with his `squad` ideas, and constantly change the line up, depending on opposition/ what players he thinks has trained well in the run up to games..

that does not work, you need a settled first choice 11.
    For once Saxo has got it spot on.
    A settled 11 is the reason we got promoted but pre season friendlies mean absolutely fck all.[/quote]

thanks mumby, oh er, i mean duffer.. you would say that after - preston 2 dingles 1 tho..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)