+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried

Worried

That we are being over optimistic about the coming season and that maybe we will end up nowhere near promotion .
    I would say over 90% of Rovers are expecting at least the play-offs . I hope we have not put too much pressure on our young team .
    Also , pre season matches have been rubbish . This worries me I`d rather see us hammering the likes of Accy Bury and Bradfoot .

re: Worried

if we aren`t involved in the top 6 after 10 games, then bowyer should get potted, as the players are good enough imo..

that is pressure, but so what? they are paid very well to perform.

Personally I`d say 5 games

I'd give him the first 15 mins of the first game against Cardiff.

As soon as I saw the promotion odds for this season and that virtually no bookies have us in the top 6 favourites for promotion (in fact some don't even have us in the top 10), I started to realise that a lot of our fans have been getting seriously carried away.

Its understandable of course given how we finished last season, but 3 more clubs who can outspend us are coming down from the Premiership and a fairly huge one (Wolves) is coming up from League 1. For me the play-offs have always been an aspiration rather than a certainty.

We can do it, but to underestimate how difficult it will be would be daft. And hopefully nobody does get on Bowyer's back if we aren't immediately in there.

Quote Originally Posted by blueandwhitehalves1
    As soon as I saw the promotion odds for this season and that virtually no bookies have us in the top 6 favourites for promotion (in fact some don't even have us in the top 10), I started to realise that a lot of our fans have been getting seriously carried away.

Its understandable of course given how we finished last season, but 3 more clubs who can outspend us are coming down from the Premiership and a fairly huge one (Wolves) is coming up from League 1. For me the play-offs have always been an aspiration rather than a certainty.

We can do it, but to underestimate how difficult it will be would be daft. And hopefully nobody does get on Bowyer's back if we aren't immediately in there.
    Not getting beaten for 12 games is fine, but the majority of all of those draws need turning into wins to have any chance at all.
    This is where all are looking at GB to step up and be more brave/offensive.
    Is it going to happen? I certain

We'll be relegated if the same logic applies to our neighbour's predictions last season.
    For me, it won't and I reckon we'll have a slow start but will pick up and finish top six

I'd say that if we don't score with the first kick of the game against Cardiff then Bowyer should be shot, via cannon, into the center of the sun.

Brian Clough should be resurrected from the dead, to take charge and Dixon Dean brought in to lead the front line, with Jordan Rhodes being dropped because he has no all round abilities and can only score goals.

This will go down well but I agree with saxo this team is good enough and anything less than a play off finish is pretty woeful
    Fans have every right to be giddy this Is a very good squad we have now and hopefully the players are up to the challenge and pressure
    The Cardiff game will be a very good marker as they imo will be the team to beat this season good championship squad and a young manager with good ideas.

my concern is(going off preseason) that bowyer will continue with his `squad` ideas, and constantly change the line up, depending on opposition/ what players he thinks has trained well in the run up to games..

that does not work, you need a settled first choice 11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)