+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More friendlies

More friendlies

Hidden away on the club website, we now have a friendly against Market Drayton tomorrow and a Crewe XI will play at Rochester on Monday.

re: More friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by kidsarealright
    Hidden away on the club website, we now have a friendly against Market Drayton tomorrow and a Crewe XI will play at Rochester on Monday.
    Well fortunately it's Rocester not Rochester, and there is actually a separate report on that on the OS, but as you say the Drayton game is only mentioned while warning us we can't get in to or see the Tranmere session tonight (are they blocking the view through the big gates ...?) As Drayton's a 12 noon KO probably only the kids, but doesn't say "Crewe XI" as Bakes' side for Rocester does

Magicked up out of nowhere, these!

On the other hand, however many kids there are, the games maybe give Haber more chances to stretch his legs and see if he can strike up any understandings with the midfield and wide men.

Market Drayton's web site says it's an "XI":
    "A short-notice friendly has been arranged for this coming Saturday against a Crewe Alexandra XI.

The match will take place at Greenfields and has an early kick-off time of 12.00. Entry will be just £2 for adults with children getting in free.

Drayton v Crewe Alex XI
    Greenfields Saturday 2nd August 12.00 k.o"

They seem to have been begging for friendlies on their Facebook page!

Heard on twitter that we won 4-2 today. George Cooper with 2 goals and 2 assists.

I'm planning to go to Rocester. Anybody I should be particularly looking out for? Apart from the trialists that is. I'll get thoses off whoever is there - Bakes or SD - if I can.

Read on O/S that Bakes is taking an Alex 11 to Rocester.

Half Time: Rocester 0-5 Crewe: Saunders (3), Ballanta, Gorman
    Full Time: Rocester 0-7 Crewe: George Cooper nets two in the second half

whos ballanta

Nothing on Soccerbase about Ballanta.

Is it meaningless against such poor opposition, or is Cooper beginning to look like the business?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast