+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The West Ham way is dead

The West Ham way is dead

Alright, it was only a pre-season match today, but I was told yesterday's match was dross, so I thought I would check it out today.

It was totally humiliating. All the football was played by Malaga and they should have scored six or more.

Apart from shaping up to defend, West Ham had no shape, movement or momentum going forward. Just one lonely unsupported striker. Most free kicks were just lumped forward. Malaga looked like a team from another planet by comparison.

Allardyce comes across as an incredibly obstinate, stubborn and narrow-minded individual who does things his way and no other. He attempts to intellectualise his approach through the use of modern sports science and stats etc. but in reality his idea of football belongs to the Stone Age, but even the dinosaurs would find it ugly.

Irrespective of his aloof messages to apparently playing in a more open and entertaining way (Hell would probably freeze over first), I'm sure it will be more of the same as he continues his de

re: The West Ham way is dead

agree with every word

from another old duffer

allardyce out

[quote="TrevandDev"]Alright, it was only a pre-season match today, but I was told yesterday's match was dross, so I thought I would check it out today.

It was totally humiliating. All the football was played by Malaga and they should have scored six or more.

Apart from shaping up to defend, West Ham had no shape, movement or momentum going forward. Just one lonely unsupported striker. Most free kicks were just lumped forward. Malaga looked like a team from another planet by comparison.

Allardyce comes across as an incredibly obstinate, stubborn and narrow-minded individual who does things his way and no other. He attempts to intellectualise his approach through the use of modern sports science and stats etc. but in reality his idea of football belongs to the Stone Age, but even the dinosaurs would find it ugly.

Irrespective of his aloof messages to apparently playing in a more open and entertaining way (Hell would probably freeze over first), I'm sure it

What about the poor fans that went over to Germany to watch that s.hit.
    Is there any consideration for them? Obviously not from Allardyce and if the owners do nothing about it, then they obviously don't give a s.hit about the fans either, no matter what they say! F.ucking Allardyce has to be doing this deliberately, surely no one can be this bad unless they are trying to be.

[quote="TrevandDev"]Alright, it was only a pre-season match today, but I was told yesterday's match was dross, so I thought I would check it out today.

Irrespective of his aloof messages to apparently playing in a more open and entertaining way (Hell would probably freeze over first), I'm sure it

And there lays a problem, its not good to have a player revolt so the board really should do something before it gets to that point.

Obviously it wont happen, but it isnt unheard of for players to go on strike, and you wouldnt want player power dictating your moves because they have lack of faith in the board and no respect for the manager.

Out of interest, is there any guidelines or rules for this.

Have to agree completely.

Imo it would have focussed everyone's attention more if Malaga had scored 6 or 7 more to give the score a more realistic perspective. A 2-0 defeat can be explained away but it isn't as easy to deflect attention from a 7 or 8 goal drubbing, even in a pre season friendly.

Overreaction? I don't think so. Malaga certainly had the chances to score more and missed a number of very decent chances.

Every pundit who has watched our games has remarked on the lack of support for Cole, yesterday, and Zarate today. The only people who seem not to realise we need midfielders with pace and vision are the staff at West Ham.

And the underlying conclusion I've drawn from this tournament, and the games in New Zealand? Teams that don't score goals usually struggle in the league. And I'm afraid I can see nothing other than a season of struggle unless we change our system, or bring in the right players to make it work.

And something else has to happen before that will. And th

agreed, unfortunately been like that for quite a while. The big issue is that the ignorant fat headed w@nker has taken things to a new level.

Might take some sh1t, but Zola played footie the right way, aesthetic wise.

Watching the games Saturday and Sunday, it became fairly obvious, that we may be in for some heavy defeats this season.

It seems the away performance at stamford bridge last season, is now being used as "our" blueprint for this season.

I said last season,we were extremely lucky to survive that draw.

So not only do we play a terrible brand of football, it is almost certainly bound to lead to defeat.

And you know what Guys,I can't understand why this is allowed to continue.

I'll go for being a optimist, at least until christmas. Hope I'm right and you lot are wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)