+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Higdon's a blade!

Higdon's a blade!

Who'd have thunk it??!!
    He might like a go at our back 4 ... let's hope they'd like to have a go at him! - view external link

re: Higdon's a blade!

Love Cloughie's quote, "...he began at Crewe so is technically sound."

Cheers Nige

Fair play to the guy but when we let him go, he was bloody awful although he had the misfortune of being asked to follow Dean Ashton and we couldn't afford to carry passengers at that time whilst he tried to improve.

I tend to agree withy Oldstuff. I was never a fan of Higdon's, despite him scoring after coming on a substitute and making me look a bit silly after my comment. X-D

I haven't seen Higdon since he left, but my view of Scottish football is not at all positive - in the main. Higdon seemed to get into the right place at the right time, so well done to him, but few players plying their trade in Scotland tend to do well elsewhere. The best spend their careers in England - just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    ... but few players plying their trade in Scotland tend to do well elsewhere. The best spend their careers in England - just my opinion.

And mine!
    If you don't play for Celtic, League 1 is a step up.
    If you do, it's the Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    I tend to agree withy Oldstuff. I was never a fan of Higdon's, despite him scoring after coming on a substitute and making me look a bit silly after my comment. X-D

I haven't seen Higdon since he left, but my view of Scottish football is not at all positive - in the main. Higdon seemed to get into the right place at the right time, so well done to him, but few players plying their trade in Scotland tend to do well elsewhere. The best spend their careers in England - just my opinion.
    I thought the idea was to get into the right place at the right time, will have to see how he does, I imagine it is a step up in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper

I thought the idea was to get into the right place at the right time, will have to see how he does, I imagine it is a step up in his career.[/quote]

Agree on both counts. My idea of a target man is someone who also works away from the ball, draws defenders, runs into space, and knows what the word 'team' is. Higdon seemed to be a monolith in the box and just waited to be served.
    I also agree that Sh

He's opened the scoring for Sheffield United, too, bringing his side back to level terms with visitors Bristol City.

He has also beend captain according to sky.