+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Davis Q & A

re: Steve Davis Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Mick, we've been here before, and I've never ever been disrespectful, only mildly joshing.

But Mike SB has quit this board because it was suggested to him that he was a worn-out record.

In your case, and again with the greatest respect and no rudeness, can't you see that your postings normally recycle previously published material ? It would be a useful service for people who only ever visit Footymad, but I think we are far too internet-savvy not to check out the main Alex-related boards as we log on every day.

And to give Mike SB his due, he did venture into creative writing, albeit with mixed results.

BTW, yes, I got the date of the Q & A wrong: mea maxima culpa.
    Cannot see what I have done wrong in mentioning what has been written in the press on that very day. Yes, others can read the same on the internet, but surely me highlighting what SD has said, is a talking point t

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Mick, we've been here before, and I've never ever been disrespectful, only mildly joshing.

But Mike SB has quit this board because it was suggested to him that he was a worn-out record.

In your case, and again with the greatest respect and no rudeness, can't you see that your postings normally recycle previously published material ? It would be a useful service for people who only ever visit Footymad, but I think we are far too internet-savvy not to check out the main Alex-related boards as we log on every day.

And to give Mike SB his due, he did venture into creative writing, albeit with mixed results.

BTW, yes, I got the date of the Q & A wrong: mea maxima culpa.
    Cannot see what I have done wrong in mentioning what has been written in the press on that very day. Yes, others can read the same on the internet, but surely me high

I am not sure why anyone needs to dig at anyone else? Especially a poster such as yourself, you contribute so much and you are sensible and objective, and realistic.

Keep it up alexmick and all of you. Seasons eve and the board needs football chat and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    I am not sure why anyone needs to dig at anyone else? Especially a poster such as yourself, you contribute so much and you are sensible and objective, and realistic.

Keep it up alexmick and all of you. Seasons eve and the board needs football chat and opinion.
    Totally agree, I very rarely look at the Oatcake rag or the Chronicle online and never the paper copy, so you keep quoting, oops sorry paraphrasing ;-) it prompts me to look and read the full story, keep it up Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by BenAlex

Totally agree, I very rarely look at the Oatcake rag or the Chronicle online and never the paper copy, so you keep quoting, oops sorry paraphrasing ;-) it prompts me to look and read the full story, keep it up Mick.[/quote]

Thanks to you too, BenAlex. I am now feeling, in the words of the Carpenters, "On Top of the World" (I may even start a new Thunderclap Newman thread Volume 5, although some posters will be unhappy about that). Just need that away success tomorrow to compliment my mood. However, I am not too optimistic about our chances at Fleetwood, although that might be the best way to look at tomorrow's match, as anyt

End of August now, and I can't help thinking about this QA night and what was said. I came away confident, "harder to beat" "pressure and press the opposition" etc etc. But it all seems it was just tubthumping.

So did SD under-estimate the league (he always said it would be harder) or his squad and the pre-season?

I can accept that some players are not up to it or this league, knew that anyway. What I can't accept is the shift from the friendlies to the 'now' and how we don't seem to be improving. Surely after nearly 4 weeks and 7 games we should be getting better individually and as a unit, but it is the same mistakes each game - even against Bolton!!

I wish the QA night hadn't have happened because having that info straight from the manager and the now makes it very hard to reconcile. I read on here about players not playing etc, well there is something wrong! We don't have the "Cornwall cloud" and we have made a worse start than when we did! Sort of makes that excuse look stupid

I know that Max was offered a three year deal by the club recently and has chosen not to sign for us, but try his luck elsewhere. Now after several rejections and still no willingness on his part to return and fight for a place (which with our current predicament would not be too difficult), then why on earth has he not done just that? I might be completely barking up the wrong tree, but could it be that Max is actually not to blame for his wanderings and it is simply because he is not really wanted at Crewe and he is actually being frozen out? Just an idea which differs from the usual thought process on the Max situation.

I know that Max was offered a three year deal by the club recently and has chosen not to sign for us, but try his luck elsewhere. Now after several rejections and still no willingness on his part to return and fight for a place (which with our current predicament would not be too difficult), then why on earth has he not done just that? I might be completely barking up the wrong tree, but could it be that Max is actually not to blame for his wanderings and it is simply because he is not really wanted at Crewe and he is actually being frozen out? Just an idea which differs from the usual thought process on the Max situation.
    Chatting to SD and Bakes pre-season I was left with the statements and impression that Max would be welcomed back, but his own pride was in the way (along with poor advice).
    This may have changed, given the merry-go-round of clubs he's been with, but at that time there was no 'frozen out' element, as far as I

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    Chatting to SD and Bakes pre-season I was left with the statements and impression that Max would be welcomed back, but his own pride was in the way (along with poor advice).
    This may have changed, given the merry-go-round of clubs he's been with, but at that t

This may have changed, given the merry-g

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast