+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Davis Q & A

Steve Davis Q & A

Anyone attending this Thursday?

Think questions need answering on certain subjects!

re: Steve Davis Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by GrestyLion
    Anyone attending this Thursday?

Think questions need answering on certain subjects!
    I for one hope that SD does not resort to the kind of bad language that he used at a previous fans' forum. Many on here were actually disgusted at the gutter language that he used. Some actually saw no harm in this. I think that he has to realise that some people are offended by such vocabulary.

I know everybody at the up-beat; the atmosphere is positive; the training's going well; the pitch is green; and it's all hunky-dory.
    But - there is a problem with bolstering the squad, and I'd like to know what the management are doing.
    I could answer that myself, but I'm allowed inconsequential platitudes. SD is definitely not.

I was there that night alexmick, he was bang out of order. That was more of a meet the manager night whereas this time he's going to get questioned after a pretty poor season and lack of transfer activity. Doubt he'll be drinking as much this time.

Did anything at all interesting emerge last night, or did SD simply play a stonewalling blinder?

It's tonight mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jwar123
    It's tonight mate.
    He may well mention the new signings that he hopes to make before the weekend. It is reported in our local paper that now that the PL players are returning from their world tours, SD's patience playing the waiting game will pay dividends and the quality player or two will be available. However, SD admits it is not an easy task signing these players, mainly because of the number of other clubs displaying the same interest in them as Crewe. If he can obtain the "quality" to replace what we have lost, then my prediction on the other thread may well change for the better. Let us hope so.

Very pleased with tonight's proceedings. Thought SD was very open and honest with his answers and on far better form than last time. Few areas of concern but nothing I didn't see coming.

In SD we trust.

Could someone please provide a quick summary of what was discussed.

Mick, we've been here before, and I've never ever been disrespectful, only mildly joshing.

But Mike SB has quit this board because it was suggested to him that he was a worn-out record.

In your case, and again with the greatest respect and no rudeness, can't you see that your postings normally recycle previously published material ? It would be a useful service for people who only ever visit Footymad, but I think we are far too internet-savvy not to check out the main Alex-related boards as we log on every day.

And to give Mike SB his due, he did venture into creative writing, albeit with mixed results.

BTW, yes, I got the date of the Q & A wrong: mea maxima culpa.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast