+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stjarnan through

Stjarnan through

I was on holiday so missed these games but they have beaten lech Poznan over 2 legs without conceding a goal so maybe their not as bad as everybody thinks as lech 2 nd best team I'm Poland and we all know what the best team done to Celtic

re: Stjarnan through

There is zero consolation to be taken from that. This result only confirms that Poznan were more than beatable by any side with a shred of competence and professionalism about them.

The fact in the matter is this. We led Stjarnan THREE times during our tie with them, including by a 2-0 scoreline at home in the first leg yet we still failed to progress. We gave away three penalties over the course of the two legs and failed miserably to defend leads whilst in winning positions. The fact that Stjarnan got through against Lech Poznan does not and cannot deflect from the fact that our efforts against them were utterly woeful.

Not at games as away on holiday but as usual disagree with you I am not saying we shouldn't have had enough talent to beat them and yes let slip 3 leads but this result showed they are not the fishermen team people on here have said. To beat lech Poznan is a much bigger shock than beating us but all I am saying is any team who don't lose a goal over 2 games are not as crap as everybody on here making out but as usual it's motherwell do let's just slate team as usual

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Not at games as away on holiday but as usual disagree with you I am not saying we shouldn't have had enough talent to beat them and yes let slip 3 leads but this result showed they are not the fishermen team people on here have said. To beat lech Poznan is a much bigger shock than beating us but all I am saying is any team who don't lose a goal over 2 games are not as crap as everybody on here making out but as usual it's motherwell do let's just slate team as usual
    Stjarnan were guff the fact they beat lech poznan is for lech to worry about it doesnt not alter one little bit we should have had enough about us to put them out... they scored 5 goals against us one of them was decent enough the other 4 were all self inflicted and were hardly the result of quality play.

God knows why there is an assumption they must be a better team than we witnessed because they beat lech poznan..when they played us they were p1sh... it is quite fe

I'm so proud of the team! Our first 6 European games ever still haven't lost yet! Only 9 years ago Stjarnan was in 2nd Division!

Bring on Inter or Spurs!

Well done my son, or is that Johannesiggigurdisson? We were krap over the 2 games, yet your team coped well, and then went on to win again. Big applause to you

And our two big star players didn't even play any minutes against Lech! One of them played against Motherwell.

Over two games Lech are better team but we defended fantastic over those two games and I can't remember any good shoot on goal from them.

But we should have won 0-1 today.

Well done Lech Poznan fans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wN_axjgQAc …

Couldn't give a monkeys chuff how they got on against poznan, as steviex, said they were guff and we threw away the tie through our own making. we defended terribly and fell to our inability to learn from previous mistakes.

Stjarnan vs Inter!!!

I'm going to Italy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)