+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Leigh

re: Greg Leigh

Greg straight into line-up in place of Guthrie. Only other change from Saturday sees Garratt replace Shearer in goal.

He was outstanding tonight. Defends well, composed on the ball, confident and is constantly supporting the attack. He's quick too. Very promising.

agree, a real asset down the left, very impressed.

A thought for Guthrie also, wasn't easy coming on with 20 odd minutes left and follow that (after saturday). He showed real cahoonnas in my opinion and did nothing wrong in a position that SD infers himself isn't his (ie more suited to centre half).
    We spend all summer debating and arguing for our business model (our academy and / or pick them up from non league and develop as our own),

Then within 24 hours of an away loss to fleetwood we are slating a number of them, a number that came in when others failed and stood up and helped us survive what was a nailed on relegation last year.

Let's be more positive about our own, the average age of our finishing 11 on saturday can't have been more than 21 (outfield players only) and last night including Garrett we must have had 7 of the 11 as home grown, now that's a business model that may not get us into championship, but it'll keep us in div 1 and solvent.Whether you agree with it or no

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Hopefully the lad will have got PL, FL and FA clearance to play tonight, as the Alex are missing Dugdale through injury. That would mean that Guthrie would play in his preferred CH role. Unless, of course, SD is thinking of using Audel instead.
    Good to see that the clearance came through in time and the lad had a good game last night. I don't know where the Sentinel got the idea from that Dugdale would not take part through injury. I will have to start taking less notice of that paper!

They meant Audel I'll bet - it is a clayhead rag Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS
    He was outstanding tonight. Defends well, composed on the ball, confident and is constantly supporting the attack. He's quick too. Very promising.
    A little more elucidation from a fan of your standing and football knowledge would help. Your comments are tantalising, but brief. :-D

It was interesting to read, I think in the Sentinel report, that Danny Wilson, even in the bitterness of defeat, complimented Steve and the team he put out.

Managers like him, and Lennie Lawrence is another who springs to mind, have class.

By all accounts, it was a good debut for Greg. He can't have had too much time to get to know the rest of the team so it bodes well once he settles in (probably go all downhill from here )

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    It was interesting to read, I think in the Sentinel report, that Danny Wilson, even in the bitterness of defeat, complimented Steve and the team he put out.

Managers like him, and Lennie Lawrence is another who springs to mind, have class.
    I thought his comments were laughable - not because they were misplaced or wrong, but because they sounded just like Steve Davis in September 2013. :-D 'If we'd taken our chances we would have won/got a point' etc...

I suppose there are only so many quotes these guys have in their manuals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123