+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Vs Cardiff City

Blackburn Rovers Vs Cardiff City

Line up-

Robinson, Baptiste, Hanley, Kilgallon, Olsson, Cairney, Lowe, Evans, Conway, Gestede, Rhodes. Subs: Kean, King, Dunn, Marshall, Varney, Williamson, Taylor.

ooo dear, cairney wide right with lowe central with evans. that`s bound to upset a few no doubt..

re: Blackburn Rovers Vs Cardiff City

FT 1-1. 2 points dropped for me. cardiff weren`t an impressive opponant at all. plenty of `pressure`, but we don`t create genuine openings. early days i suppose and at least it wasn`t defeat. improvement needed.

A very cautious line-up,but once Williamson came on at half-time,no other defensive players on the bench(if you except the goalie!).
    With three wingers on the bench but not one used as a substitute,even after 90 minutes a lack of creativity was always likely,particularly with two strikers on the field.

The lack of defensive cover may be what prompted the defensive line-up,but with all these wingers in the squad(not to mention Green & Connor Mahoney)surely one was worth 20 minutes??

Bob I do agree with your point we had players who could of changed it for us why was king not given a go his pace really would of worried Cardiff
    However it was a good point let's go to Blackpool and get our first win of the season.

i think today shows that you`d better get used to the idea of us playing with a sitting midfielder every game, be it lowe or williamson. no way will we ever just have cairney and evans central i don`t reckon.

If that is the case let it be Williamson we played far better when Lowe was moved to right back and what is that all about when he is taking a throw in he seems to take an age to make his mind up.
    All in all I was pretty satisfied with the result and performance if we play like we did in the second half for the remainder of the season I have no doubt in my mind we will be up in the top 6 possibly autos.

early doors regarding how we`ll do this season, can`t tell really. we`d have to create better openings and defend better for certain though if we want to be have any chance..

I think we are better than Cardiff, so that is one team we will finish above. Role on the rest.

I am dismayed that yet again we are giving our opposition too much respect and seem fearful of going for the 3 points, and in doing so 'settling for' the single point.
    It was 70 mins or so into the game where I felt that someone - maybe King, could step out and drive into their defensive line (something no one did throughout the whole match).
    I cannot recall one single decent delivery to JR, and this being the case neutralises his presence on the pitch.
    Don't get me wrong here in thinking I am saying he doesn't deserve his place, not at all it is a case of; 'don't provide the ammo, and he is wasted'.

If we maintain this approach, we will end up similar to last season positional wise.

I opinioned in another post midfield had to provide more and Cairney (unsurprisingly) delivered, but I feel a couple of decent deliveries from mid in the last quarter of the game could have snatched those 'extra' couple of points.
    If you're looking to go up you can't afford to drop very many points at ho

Okay, I will say it then!! Brilliant goal from Cairney.

So - so start ...move onto the next hoping for an improvement.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)