+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **Fleetwood Town v Crewe Alexandra*** Score prediction

re: **Fleetwood Town v Crewe Alexandra*** Score prediction

Backing Mick up on this. I was not able to go, but there are some very good and intelligent posters on this board. Let's hear from them.
    If you were there MikeSB, DCFG, and others your comments would be welcomed, by me anyway.

I won't ask Fever_Tox as hopefully, by now, he is sampling some fine beers. X-D

Very poor performance. Oliver was left isolated up front. we played 4-5-1. The new goalie was v.poor. Distribution shocking. It cried out for Molynueux to come on and play left mid to let Inman play forward with Oliver. Could easily have replaced Nolan or Waters. no change till game was lost. Pointed fingers from SD and NB but no action.

The crowd atmosphere was very negative in the 2nd half. There were a couple of really poor performances. Guthrie had one of the worst performances I have ever seen and was so low in confidence he was taken off. Oliver was isolated (but I am not sure he could have done much more). Shearer made a good save but didn't inspire confidence (reminded me of Phillips last season). Walters was lively but didn't do a lot. Nolan looked well out of his depth. Ray and Dugdale seemed shakey. Inman was missing for the first hour (but a lot better in the last hour). Davis took too long to make subs and Tootle taking penalties seemed as bad in reality as it did in theory.

Very few positives. Tootle is one of the leagues best full backs (however his confidence dropped after the penalty). I thought Turton had a decent game. Haber and Saunders took a little while to get going but linked up well for the penalty. Despite Inman being at his worst for an hour he looked back to his best in the last hour. I wou

Oh, I did like to be beside the seaside: until 4.07 p.m. yesterday, that was.

A cute little ground that you can get to by tram. Basically a fifth-tier one that's been togged up with all the bells and whistles by a rich backer. (He may have to dig deeper if they're promoted again, but I don't see it.) Two shallow ends for home and away supporters to stand in, and a stand that has been dropped in front of an undemolished one rather like the Pop stand, with the old one retained as a platform for the broadcasting equipment, which immediately relays playbacks to a big screen that Celtic Park would envy. The main stand opposite is shaped like a B and Q warehouse, and is mainly notable for the small number of spectators who can be accommodated in such a towering, curved-roofed edifice. (Gate was only around 3,700, yet it looked pretty full). Pitch absolutely immaculate (it must be the sand), with eager groundsmen turning sprinklers on and off as kick-off time approached.

No problem obtainin

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    ... one of them from the kind of player (Proctor) we ought to be able to sign, and pay

I thought that the moment I read Crawley had released him.
    Not the first (or second!) time he's done us!

Many. many thanks to Steelydon, Pigeonisland and, especially, VdeP. I still wish I'd been there, but those reports and comments were brill.
    Do we book the three of you for every away game, or rely on Peter Morse and Graham McGarry?
    Thank you. :-D

Soz, o Oadby Oracle, but the next one up for me, now that Kav's Klunkers have been relegated, will be an awayday to Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Soz, o Oadby Oracle, but the next one up for me, now that Kav's Klunkers have been relegated, will be an awayday to Preston.
    Sorry. Diametrically, geographically opposed: more of a Groby Gourmet (Guzzler).
    But I'm stumped with 'Kav's Klunkers' - please enlighten this befuddled, bemused brain. :-)

Methinks it is hard man Kavanagh at Carlisle! They lost too!

Quote Originally Posted by weymouthalex
    Methinks it is hard man Kavanagh at Carlisle! They lost too!
    Aah. Thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast