+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IS STUART MCCALL LISTENING TO ME????

IS STUART MCCALL LISTENING TO ME????

I have said on previous posts that Well had the spine of a good team - Craig Reid in defence, Stuart Carswell in midfield and the very promising Lee Erwin up front.
    Well it seems Mr. McCall must be reading my posts. The aforementioned players starting, the very lazy and very over-rated Ian Vigurs not starting (even though it was through suspension) is definitely a step in the right direction. Erwin is keen and takes the pressure off John Sutton. Carswell takes the fight to other teams - thank god for him! And have we actually stumbled onto the fact that Frazer Kerr is actually a centre half with pace? We can only hope so. It was tight game but a home win is a confidence booster and a step in the right direction as long as all the players who were brought in are not returned to the bench - we need competition in the team!!!!

re: IS STUART MCCALL LISTENING TO ME????

Quote Originally Posted by maestro91
    I have said on previous posts that Well had the spine of a good team - Craig Reid in defence, Stuart Carswell in midfield and the very promising Lee Erwin up front.
    Well it seems Mr. McCall must be reading my posts. The aforementioned players starting, the very lazy and very over-rated Ian Vigurs not starting (even though it was through suspension) is definitely a step in the right direction. Erwin is keen and takes the pressure off John Sutton. Carswell takes the fight to other teams - thank god for him! And have we actually stumbled onto the fact that Frazer Kerr is actually a centre half with pace? We can only hope so. It was tight game but a home win is a confidence booster and a step in the right direction as long as all the players who were brought in are not returned to the bench - we need competition in the team!!!!
    I hope not , the ease with which St Mirren players waltzed pas 2, 3 , 4 challenges to still emerge with th

It is first league game of the season - we will improve. Finding a player to take the pressure off John Sutton is a step forward. Developing Frazer Kerr as the centre-half he was always meant to be could be an advantage as he has the pace we are missing in our defence. Las is on the way down rapidly - time to bring in Leitch for match experience and hopefully he and Carswell will be a good fit. I am hard pushed to find anything good to say about Vigurs who is overrated and very lazy - we should be looking for a loan deal to fill his shirt - how we let Stevenson end up at Partick I'll never know. I live in hope though.

It is first league game of the season - we will improve. Finding a player to take the pressure off John Sutton is a step forward. Developing Frazer Kerr as the centre-half he was always meant to be could be an advantage as he has the pace we are missing in our defence. Las is on the way down rapidly - time to bring in Leitch for match experience and hopefully he and Carswell will be a good fit. I am hard pushed to find anything good to say about Vigurs who is overrated and very lazy - we should be looking for a loan deal to fill his shirt - how we let Stevenson end up at Partick I'll never know. I live in hope though.
    Believe me mate Fraser Kerr and Stuart Carswell are not the answer.

I don't get your view - Kerr is a centre-half - why not try him out there for a spell - he has the pace that none of our other centre-halfs have and could be a good fit with big Mick. Carswell - despite your view is the best tackling midfielder we have and seems very keen to prove himself. It is those around him who have to improve - especially the 10 minute a game man Ainsworth. I know a lot of people couldn't agree over Chris Humphrey but at least he worked and used his pace to affect games regularly - Ainsworth is a poser/pretender. And today was Vigurs best game of the season as he usually does nothing!!!!

[quote="steviex" date="18:35 on 09
    I hope not , the ease with which St Mirren players waltzed pas 2, 3 , 4 challenges to still emerge with the ball is horrendous. Reid was blowing out his @rse today , Lasley was very poor and Carswell couldn't tackle a fish supper.There are many changes needed to improve the balance of our team and today didn't achieve it. We worked blooody hard but we are kidding ourselves on if we think St Mirren shouldn't have taken all 3 points and I suspect had Thompson been playing they might well have.

It was a great 3 points to try and lift them but the performance, though hard working, was guff. We will take it and hopefully build on it and hope Dundee Utds wide men are cack on the night.[/quote]

Good post Stevie. The result was possibly the most important thing today as we looked disorganised and committed far too many basic errors. Central midfield was a huge disappointment although I felt Law had a reasonable game. Lasley and Carswell had very p

I don't get your view - Kerr is a centre-half - why not try him out there for a spell - he has the pace that none of our other centre-halfs have and could be a good fit with big Mick. Carswell - despite your view is the best tackling midfielder we have and seems very keen to prove himself. It is those around him who have to improve - especially the 10 minute a game man Ainsworth. I know a lot of people couldn't agree over Chris Humphrey but at least he worked and used his pace to affect games regularly - Ainsworth is a poser/pretender. And today was Vigurs best game of the season as he usually does nothing!!!!
    Kerrs distribution is woeful and often hes caught out of position yeah he has pace but for a centre half he needs more than that. Thats the problem Carswell is the best we have and that aint good enough ... he is slow and his tackling is very powder puff. He has a good eye going forward but he along with others defensive

Didn't go to today's game but got to agree, Kerr is never a centre half. I can remember a game against Hibs a couple seasons ago where he got totally murdered in that position. To be quite honest I don't know what his best position is.

Kerr and Reid were obviously carrying injuries today as both were not very mobile and as far as i was concerned they done their best under the circumstances and before anybody says their never mobile lets just give the back 5(keeper included) credit for once as they got a clean sheet with a back 4 who hadnt trained for 10 days due to different circumstances.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)