+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How do they do it ?

How do they do it ?

A win is a win even though I thought we were poor .The thing that caught my eye was the players Saints had brought in I thought the number 5 Plummer was excellent and the 2 guys up the front were decent .Got to ask how are they able to sign players and we can't we still need fresh faces to give the squad a lift lets hope we have some signings by next Sat because I fear we will get hammered at Tannadice on Wednesday

re: How do they do it ?

They manage to do it because their scouting staff get their fingers out and do their jobs - something our scouts and management don't. The other clubs get up & coming talent where we get a player other clubs couldn't get rid of quick enough (Ainsworth) lazy pretenders (Vigurs) and we give them contracts. Seems simple enough to me!!!

Yea ur right just like most on here that's why we finish 3 rd 2 nd 2 nd because they get talent and we get rubbish yet our rubbish finish top 6 they finish bottom 6 FFS give us a break we won they lost give some credit

Quote Originally Posted by maestro91
    They manage to do it because their scouting staff get their fingers out and do their jobs - something our scouts and management don't. The other clubs get up & coming talent where we get a player other clubs couldn't get rid of quick enough (Ainsworth) lazy pretenders (Vigurs) and we give them contracts. Seems simple enough to me!!!
    Don't know where you're coming from Vigurs is easily the best footballer at the club and as for Ainsworth I cannot understand why we don't play to his strengths i.e. play the ball in front of him to run onto and let him exploit his speed all this passing the ball to him behind him just nullifies his "expertise" a blind man could see this, he started flourishing in the second have when he was chasing the ball...simples and on Wednesday Vigurs is just the man to play him in. An excellent three points today, I'm glad I was there.

agree with dosser1.plummer stood out a mile

Quote Originally Posted by centaur
    agree with dosser1.plummer stood out a mile
    Most players from the EPL who come up on loan will stand out in the SPL.

Blackman , Ruddy , Lucas ... if youre willing to stump up youre almost gauranteed a positive return

Not necessarily. Just because a player is contracted to an top English club doesn't guarantee they'll shine in the SPL. Lewis Grabban and Mark Gower being 2 examples. I don't recall Nick Blackman doing much with us to be honest. Gavin Gunning was ok but I wouldn't say he shone with us and Dundee United.

Aye apart from 10 goals in 18 appearances what did Blackman do for us

Gunning was an SPL success , Aberdeen and ultimately Dundee United wanted him permanantly as well as ourselves.

Mark Gower was a good player as i recall , you shouldve used John Hendry from Spurs if going down that route

Im talking about the here and now though.The Scottish top flight is at an even lesser standard now than it was then , there are no gaurantees in football but if someone has held their own or is highly regarded at a Premiership club then , attitude depending , they will breeze the SPL.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)