+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Formation

Formation

I may be the only one but I am sick and fed up of the formation that Davis and every other manager in world football seem to use. We now have 2 big target men to hold the ball up but nobody quick or instinctive enough to feed off them. Inman is an attacking central midfielder and despite looking promising, we can't rely on Waters to score the goals that we need. With that starting line up we have a date with league 2 next season.

The solution for me is to go back to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. Play one of Haber or Oliver with Saunders alongside initially and if that doesn't work and Clayton leaves then we may need a loanee or 2. We have never seen the best of Max and probably won't with Saunders unless we pair them up with a big lad. Owen wouldn't have scored half of his England goals if it wasn't for Heskey. It's got to be worth a try for 2-3 matches. Saunders and Clayton can score the goals that we desperately need but they need the help to do that.

re: Formation

Frustratingly the type of player we need is max clayton. This could have been his golden year when he shows the footballing world what's about. Saunders is young and first year at this level so we cant put expectations on him. Likewise with waters, more likely to see the best of them in a couple of years. If no clubs come in for max then hopefully he will sign for one year and be an unlikely hero for us

re: Formation

It was glaringly obvious yesterday that 4-3-3 didn't work. Oliver was stranded and when the ball did get to him he had no one to play it on to. I think we'd be a better fit with 4-4-2 by a long way.
    Patience is also fast running out with Inman. Yes he won the first missed pen, and scored the consolation but was missing for a large part of the game. If we have any hope of staying up he needs to step up considerably.