+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: [no subject]

[no subject]

There appears to be a new rule in football that only applies to Crewe. We cannot make a substitution until we are either three down or the game has 15 minutes to go. Today (Fleetwood) was a classic. Changes needed at half time but we had to wait till the game was lost. Am I alone in losing faith with the management?

re: [no subject]

1 game in is far too early to judge. I agree that the changes should have been made 10 minutes earlier but there is 45 games to go. Lets not call for the managers head just yet!

I always think when it comes to calling for the managers head, who realistically do you want to replace them and in our budget. I am more than happy with Steve, but i do agree he could improve on changing things earlier in a game. Then again Crewe have never changed things early, so i am resigned to it. Its also like throw ins. They don't annoy me anymore as it has always been the same.

Huddersfield have just got rid of their manager after 1 game! Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by jwar123
    Huddersfield have just got rid of their manager after 1 game! Madness!

Yep, sounds like a combination of an over-zealous owner, (who comes across as a similar type as that berk, MacAnthony, at Posh), and fan pressure - "the former Rotherham and Barnsley boss was jeered by the fans"

Be careful what you wish for, that's all I'd say!