+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic Crowd

re: Pathetic Crowd

hahaha! One game into the season you get this garbage posted on here. Get a grip, people either choose to support their team or they dont, thats your choice, but dont come on here chatting utter ****e if you dont even go watching the team.

With regards to Whelan, he's pumped millions of his own money into this club, saved us from owing debt to banks, and took us from lower league ****e to where we are now. Now when you can come back and say youve done the same boyceee, your comments will carry some form of weight.

Pathetic Thread.

Pathetic responses

Quote Originally Posted by LaticsFan92
    hahaha! One game into the season you get this garbage posted on here. Get a grip, people either choose to support their team or they dont, thats your choice, but dont come on here chatting utter ****e if you dont even go watching the team.

With regards to Whelan, he's pumped millions of his own money into this club, saved us from owing debt to banks, and took us from lower league ****e to where we are now. Now when you can come back and say youve done the same boyceee, your comments will carry some form of weight.
    Agree on the second point. DW's reluctance to splash the cash is based on sound business judgement - if the fans won't come in sufficient numbers, and are not willing to pay higher ticket prices, then how can you expect him to sanction signing better players who cost more. This is the whole point I regularly make on this board - as a seasoned Latics fan, let me say - this why I doubt if we'll ever be in the top leagu

Come May we will be top on 103 points

Talk is of Forshaw coming in the next few days .. much needed Midfielder ... ( he has been pulled out of the Brentford squad ready to do the deal with Wigan..)
    The crowd was terrible...I would have expected at least 15,000 home fans for the first game ..
    The attendance is more concerning than a flat opening day performance.. We will be top 6 all season .. give them a chance !!

Was it really that bad though? If you look at some our Premier League attendances, we've had 17k on in total with 4-5k from the visitors at times. The actual home attendance wasn't much less than that. And very often the first attendance of the season has very often been one of lowest, if not the lowest, of the year.

Compared to other clubs it was bad. Our fan base is not increasing - even low by Championship standards. Wigan does not deserve a Premier League team if we are honest. :/

Season tickets are more expensive than in the Prem... I just renewed myself and my 17 year old and I nearly didnt bother because of the costs ..was nearly 700 quid for the two..

mmmmmmmmm same old posters crap stirring no wonder no one bothers with this site anymore tis full of gobshytes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)