+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williamson

Williamson

As we have a thread on Lowe being a scapegoat I feel Williamson got a bit of criticism from the Cardiff game
    I thought he played well and if he partners cairney or Evans in the middle I wouldn't be disappointed
    What must not happen this season no matter how bad injuries are is Lowe and Williamson in the middle 2 wrongs don't make a right
    Lowe was very good at right back let's keep him there he has a deer in the headlights about him when he is in the middle.

re: Williamson

When Williamson came on I thought he was far more effective than Lowe, that's not me making Lowe a scapegoat, simply giving an opinion. His distribution was better and he actively searched for the ball, Lowe seems to have let the criticism get into his head.

I never thought Lowe was that great in the middle stacks of energy but no idea how to pass the ball which is pretty crucial as a midfielder
    At right back he did a great job made good challenges and linked up with cairney well
    As another poster made(Maybe rv blue)he could go a long way in that position great potential.
    Would Lowe be happy playing in that position though?he is one of bowyers golden boys.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    I never thought Lowe was that great in the middle stacks of energy but no idea how to pass the ball which is pretty crucial as a midfielder
    At right back he did a great job made good challenges and linked up with cairney well
    As another poster made(Maybe rv blue)he could go a long way in that position great potential.
    Would Lowe be happy playing in that position though?he is one of bowyers golden boys.
    Correct me if im wrong robin but i always thought Lowe's natural position is RB.

lowe`s job in midfield is to retain possestion, keeping it simple. he`ll never play a killer ball through, but that`s not what he`s in the team for..

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    lowe`s job in midfield is to retain possestion, keeping it simple. he`ll never play a killer ball through, but that`s not what he`s in the team for..
    Ballsocks !!! any midfielder worth his salt looks for an opening for a forward ball,,,holding is ok to allow flow

Quote Originally Posted by joinerpat
    Ballsocks !!! any midfielder worth his salt looks for an opening for a forward ball,,,holding is ok to allow flow [/quote]

that`s what cairney and evans are in the team to do. i`ve noticed some making evans out to be a defensive midfielder, he`s not..

Quote Originally Posted by joinerpat
    Correct me if im wrong robin but i always thought Lowe's natural position is RB. [/quote]
    Is it?you could be right there I have always seen him play in the middle just assumed that was his natural position.

Correct me if im wrong robin but i always thought Lowe's natural position is RB. [/quote]
    Is it?you could be right there I have always seen him play in the middle just assumed that was his natural position.[/quote]

Lowe has always been a midfielder, playing there and captaining England u21's as a holding midfielder as well. It was Kean who utilised him at RB, when Salgado was sent to Coventry and Emerton released, leaving us with no RB

It was stinky baseball cap man Needle who thinks he is that good at RB he could play for England.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)