+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren - 24h on

St Mirren - 24h on

Still smiling after Saturday's win?

Can Erwin push on from here and claim a regular place? - view external link

re: St Mirren - 24h on

In the absence of any real challenge for that spot I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok
    Still smiling after Saturday's win?

Can Erwin push on from here and claim a regular place?
    He's worth an extended run. He contributed more in one game than Bob McHugh offers in a dozen games. Think we might just have a bright prospect in him.

One start - one goal, surely enough to merit another start and continue his development plus gives Sutton support and takes pressure off John Sutton. If Ainsworth can up his game we could have a good partnership up front with good service.

Terrible game with very little to inspire either set of fans. Both looked like strangers meeting up for the first time.
    However, thanks to the fact the opposition were just as toothless, a late scrap in the box came to nothing. Yet, STILL even being in the lead at home against ten men. Some how there is a scramble to get the ball clear.
    The defensive line up and organisation needs serious work done. There is ample potential for the team to get smashed 5-0 by a team who are organised and show a modicum of skill this season. Wednesday might well be that time.

Early days and 1st game of season lived up to my expectation ... guff and lucky to get 3pts
    Erwin certainly shows promise and deserves a run
    Ainsworth must commit more and not in flashes - play ball for him to run towards opposed to his feet
    Angol .. best position on the bench
    Lasley .. play him deeper and let others do the running
    Unless we get signings/loans can't see it improving

If we are guff and lucky, but still win games, I will settle for that. Rather than playing well but losing. It would be great if we could play well and win, but if not so be it.

SM seems to be talking more definitely about players coming in. Any rumours?

Devante cole apparently.

If we are guff and lucky, but still win games
    Seriously, your content to watch guff but as long as we win your okay. I’d only be content if my admission was FREE.
    I wish to watch a team develop, progress and play entertaining football .. to date with a couple of exceptions, watching the same as last year and entertaining it aint. What other entertainment would one return if the end product deemed poor … restaurant, holiday resort/hotel or pub. The fact 'your team’, they’re comes a point when enough is enough and don't think alone. Hence 3600 for our first home game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)