+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tom cairney - a question.

re: tom cairney - a question.

gary bowyer`s view, reflects exactly what i`ve been saying, but hey, i know nowt..

better get used to TC on the right. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    Not ineffective playing wide right, just not as brilliant as in the middle. We have other options on the right that are also effective. None as effective as him in the middle.

Does that help?
    not really, as i`ve seen no evidence at all that he`s brilliant playing central. just opinions from numerous fans with nothing to back up their claims..

if somebody could actually point me to an example of his brilliance in a central role, then it would help, or is it all just opinion..?[/quote]

As evidence is used to form opinions, I doubt evidence would help you, as it would simply lead to the formation of an opinion, and that's not what you're looking for.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. But if you're looking for non opinion based evidential truth regarding the role of a football player, you'll

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Not ineffective playing wide right, just not as brilliant as in the middle. We have other options on the right that are also effective. None as effective as him in the middle.

Does that help?
    not really, as i`ve seen no evidence at all that he`s brilliant playing central. just opinions from numerous fans with nothing to back up their claims..

if somebody could actually point me to an example of his brilliance in a central role, then it would help, or is it all just opinion..?[/quote]

As evidence is used to form opinions, I doubt evidence would help you, as it would simply lead to the formation of an opinion, and that's not what you're looking for.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. But if you're looking for non opinion based evidential truth reg

gary bowyer`s view, reflects exactly what i`ve been saying, but hey, i know nowt..

better get used to TC on the right.
    Well he lives by the sword dies by the sword ..

I really do hope this isnt GB playing it over cautious ..

As for being our David Silva ..i wish..hope thats not a kiss of death by GB there ..

As for his views reflecting yours Sax GB doesnt really go on and on and on and on about Jason Lowe having to play ? ..more about Cairneys ability something which you really didnt highlight .. ..just my view of course

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o

As for being our David Silva ..i wish..hope thats not a kiss of death by GB there ..

As for his views reflecting yours Sax GB doesnt really go on and on and on and on about Jason Lowe having to play ? ..more about Cairneys ability something which you really didnt highlight .. ..just my view of course[/quote]

jason lowe DOESN`T have to play. but if he doesn`t then williamson does..

As for his views reflecting yours Sax GB doesnt really go on and on and on and on about Jason Lowe having to play ? ..more about Cairneys ability something which you really didnt highlight .. ..just my view of course[/quote]

jason lowe DOESN`T have to play. but if he doesn`t then williamson does..[/quote]

Well Williamson is better than Lowe so il agree with you there ..

But your view was simply shove Cairney out wide to make room for Lowe ..nothing tactical in deploying Cairney there... just the argument that Lowe

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o

jason lowe DOESN`T have to play. but if he doesn`t then williamson does..[/quote]

Well Williamson is better than Lowe so il agree with you there ..

But your view was simply shove Cairney out wide to make room for Lowe ..nothing tactical in deploying

Have now read the said article, and yes can't disagree that TC being employed as is Silva at MC is maybe a ploy worth utilising.
    But, this is matching/comparing each player in isolation.
    As is often said: 'its a team game' and that's the crux of it.
    The big difference when bringing that 'idea' on board is that MC have every position covered where all are capable, comfortable on the ball and can create (to varying albeit v'high standard degrees).
    Whereas we...????
    That, I believe is the whole point that we 'the unknowledgeable' are making.
    I am not reading anywhere that we are claiming to be more knowledgeable than GB, but voicing our opinion upon what we are witnessing.
    In Fridays game, TC scored when in our non preferred position, but then again they did also (in that half). Whereas he didn't when in our preferred position, but then again neither did they. But it was by far our 'better half', possession and play wise.
    All that was needed was our second goal. TC's failure (in that pos

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)