+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Injuries?

Injuries?

So we now learn that Iain Vigurs and Adam Cummins are both out injured. Apparently the latter was injured in training. Given that we don't train on Mondays he obviously picked up this knock on the first training session since Saturday ie yesterday.

I can't ever remember us picking up so many significant knocks this early in a season. What on earth is going on???

re: Injuries?

This has to raise serious questions over the fitness and training within the club. We looked drastically short of match fitness throughout large chunks of last season and especially in the second half of the campaign we were blowing out of our @rses after the hour mark in matches and the same thing happened against Stjarnan. Now, just a week into the competitive season and we have an ever growing injury catalogue so I have to ask why ? How is this possible so early in the season and when we only train on certain days? Something is not right.

They were blaming the plastic surface they had play on in iceland. McCall said they trained on the plastic pitch before they went over there, then played on stjarnan's pitch, then had to sit on the plane home which wasn't good for the player's. I could put it in far simpler terms... The preparation was s****.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    This has to raise serious questions over the fitness and training within the club. We looked drastically short of match fitness throughout large chunks of last season and especially in the second half of the campaign we were blowing out of our @rses after the hour mark in matches and the same thing happened against Stjarnan. Now, just a week into the competitive season and we have an ever growing injury catalogue so I have to ask why ? How is this possible so early in the season and when we only train on certain days? Something is not right.
    Or maybe its just bad luck .. last season we got very few injuries which for size of our squad was amazing... maybe its just our turn. As for lacking pace we've lacked pace, apart from one or two players, for years its nowt new for us. Admittedly . Tonight's game will be watched from behind closed fingers I think.. at least its not cold.

I could see it being bad luck if they were half way through a season or turning an ankle or something like that. To have all these injuries before a ball has been kicked in the league is questionable.

We can speculate the cause all day but something requires urgent attention.
    At this rate perhaps should investigate if they self harm !

Depends on the injury...Vigurs getting a knock in a game, Cummins - out of the picture trying too hard, takes a kick in training - are the sort of things that just happen. On the other hand, McGhee showed us strains and pulls are pretty much avoidable.

Too early to be mega-concerned but certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)