+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread.

West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread.

The 14/15 season kicks off this weekend with a home game against local rivals Tottenham.

We had an early flurry in the transfer stakes bringing in five new players to the club then Jenkinson on loan (who promptly got injured). He should be back in a week or two but we could also be missing Demel & Cresswell this weekend. We still have our three main CDs fit & ready plus Joey O'Brien & Pottsy ready to man the FB positions.

Saying that, Allardyce experimented with a 3-5-2 with Downing as a wingback so who knows how things will pan out. We played without a striker in the first game against Tottenham last year.

Which brings us to last season. 3 games, 3 wins, Happy Hammers. It was a long time coming with only one win in the previous twelve games dating back seven years.

As much as our manager is maligned for his love of a nil nil game his West Ham team haven't failed to score in all five games against Tottenham with a total of 17 goals put in by both teams in these matches.

Tottenham

re: West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread.

I wonder what the odds are for us to beat them again.

Quote Originally Posted by bazwillrun
    I wonder what the odds are for us to beat them again.
    5-2 on Paddy's website. Not tempting enough for me I'm afraid.

My west ham v spurs preview blog on the betting site olbg is up

think it will be 2-1 us personally with a nolan double (must be going mad)

I expect him to have a really good season, think he probably got a shock and upset at how the fans turned on him last season and doubt any footballer would be happy with that and forgetting his performances a minute, he seems like an amazing bloke on and off the park.

Many players would have stuck their two fingers up at the fans and club during the summer and there would have been plenty of clubs willing to have him.

last season Sam took 4 points off their (see am learning my words ) gaffer to his measly 1 with his 'new barcelona' southampton!!

2-1 COYI!! - view external link

"I expect him to have a really good season,"

im sure mentally he thinks and wants the same...but physically hes not up to it anymore...unless those around him do all the leg work and he just happens to be standing in the right place and the ball drops for him and he can just slot them in !

i think we will be carrying him for most of the time unfortunately

Must win this Match. That is all. COYI

2 - 1 Spurs!
    (Adebayor, Eriksen)

COYS

Is Morrison in the squad for this weekends game?

From the OS. No mention of Ravel...

Big Sam on: Tottenham Hotspur
    The manager held his pre-Tottenham Hotspur press conference on Thursday morning.
    SendSend PrintPrint RssRSS

West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce faced the media for his first pre-match press conference of the 2014/15 campaign on Thursday morning.
    The gaffer outlined his plans for Saturday's Barclays Premier League season opener against Tottenham Hotspur, as well as providing an update on transfer business.
    Good morning Sam. Can we start with a squad check? Has anyone picked up any knocks in the last week or so?
    SA: "We do have one or two knocks but I don't think they're serious enough to exclude anybody from the possibility of being in the starting line-up on Saturday. We're still waiting for Enner Valencia because he's in the pre-season situation at the moment, having not played any games. But that's a situation that's developing quite nicely now.
    "Of the rest, Matt Jarvis is not going to make it and An

Lawrensen picks us to draw which means a draw is out.

Some bloke with a guitar thinks we are going to lose. - view external link

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)