+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exit strategy in place for Saturday

Exit strategy in place for Saturday

Get your moaning in early guys... - view external link

re: Exit strategy in place for Saturday

So the Wolves fans won't be able to patronisingly shake our hands and say well played after putting six past us ? Definitely a reason to segregate us

Already been moaning about it on twitter, one nice tweeter put it point across fairly well; f*** off you s*** c***s sort something else out .

Not too bad when it's light but in the dark it can be dangerous as a few have already found out.
    9,000 ish fans going down a narrow road is not the best solution is it but how can they sort this out?

Other clubs hold away supporters back for 10 minutes, I don't see a major problem with that. Could have this issue a lot this season though given the size of most clubs away followings.

Quote Originally Posted by LiAmOfRuFc
    Other clubs hold away supporters back for 10 minutes, I don't see a major problem with that. Could have this issue a lot this season though given the size of most clubs away followings.
    SYP say they have no rights in holding fans back, well then I'll will remember this if we get told to stay back.

I thought they were allowed for a short amount of time? I went to Leeds with some SWFC friends (I lived in Leeds at uni at the time) and the away support were kept behind for a good 25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by LiAmOfRuFc
    I thought they were allowed for a short amount of time? I went to Leeds with some SWFC friends (I lived in Leeds at uni at the time) and the away support were kept behind for a good 25 minutes.
    Someone asked SYP and that's what they are saying, human right probably.

Seems silly to me, obviously frustrating, but if it's ten minutes for the sake of safety reasons then no real complaints.

Why not just embrace your fellow fans ?

But what makes this pointless is that as soon as we turn left at Don St we hit the away fans turning right, yet the plods are in a line at the top of Don st with their backs to this! So fans just meet in front of the council buildings instead.

Or, as happened last year, Coventry I think when their fans stayed behind celebrating, by the time we had queued down the bottle neck of Don St and walked in front of the council buildings we then hit all the away fans who were just coming out onto main st. Had we been able to go out that way ourselves we would have been nearly at Milloor and out of their way. All that using different entrances on that day just made both sets of fans meet, creating a potential problem rather than eliviating it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast