+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uche Ikapezu

re: Uche Ikapezu

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeonisland
    Announced on Twitter by Graham McGarry. I think it is a great signing. A bit out of the blue but he is a class above Oliver. Hugely strong and can score goals, decent touch and can hold the ball up well. Top striker for league 1.
    The quote that I think you are referring to is "Is the monster heading to South Cheshire". I would have thought that this cryptic clue is about Jamie (Loch Ness Monster).

Cant remember, if ever, Sjoke let us borrow one of their players. They are not a very charitable lot up there.

Signed on loan, Beswick Sports reporting on Twitter with a picture of him holding our shirt aloft! Jamie Ness that is

Quote Originally Posted by jtcrewe
    Signed on loan, Beswick Sports reporting on Twitter with a picture of him holding our shirt aloft! Jamie Ness that is
    Who is this fellow? Could anyone add a few details of position, age, experience etc. please. Thanks.

Jamie Ness came through the ranks at Rangers before moving to Stoke. From memory, he is a left-sided player who can play full-back, midfield and wide midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe99
    Jamie Ness came through the ranks at Rangers before moving to Stoke. From memory, he is a left-sided player who can play full-back, midfield and wide midfield.
    Cheers, Crewe99. I wonder if he is the first Stoke player that we have ever taken on loan? I know that we signed the likes of Don Ratcliffe, Johnny King (for his second Alex spell), Conroy, Bowers and Haslegrave in the olden days.

Official now on the OS. Will the lad be cup-tied for the Bolton game?

He enjoyed cult status up here for a while, because the goal he scored for the Hun cane against Celtic in the Scottish Cup.

But it didn't last (mind, he'd get into their team easily enough these days).

Some of the confusion about Uche may arise from 'heading into South Cheshire'; heck, he might even live there.

A funny kind of insularity in those who live behind the Clay Wall.

Looked him up and I see that a number of injuries curtailed his Scottish career somewhat. Hopefully over them now.

My bad. When GM announced the signing he did say "in one" when someone asked if we were re-signing Uche. In hindsight with Haber and Oliver it makes sense that we haven't. Next up...a winger!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12