+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not even 5500 Fan funders

re: Not even 5500 Fan funders

Absolutely understand. But there are currently 11,000 (or just under) season ticket holders, 15,000 people regularly go to home games. No-one ever said you must contribute 20 or 50 quid. I do get the financial constraints issue. It was never about how much was raised but how many contributed. I'm not criticising it, merely saying I agree with the OP about numbers contributing i.e. if 10,000 extra people put in the price of a lottery ticket, a pint or a packet of fags we'd have pushed the number of contributors up. Sorry if I sound like Loyal. Whether we like it or not that's maybe what a 'fan owned' football club is partly about. The point has been made that at some point this fans benevolence will dry up. That's the crucial point.

My OP did indicate if people could afford it, much like fans would find the increased cost of a ST if we were in the premier, much like 9k fans would find the money if we drew Man Utd in the cup at Old Trafford etc. I was merely highlighting that only 5500 fans contributed to the future of Pompey, nothing more nothing less, however Suicide, apt, puts his usual twist on the subject & PG sucks up to him for a change, PUP

17th. At the risk of being patronising, that's how I read it too.

However you try and degrade it,the total was reached and then some.

There was a bucket collection at the Bournemouth friendly which Scully and I went to. Also I believe the Charlton game which I did not attend. Additionally there were collections in pubs and Bk will testify re shops raising money too. So a lot more than 5500 actually put money in. The money was raised with time in hand. Move on now

Good point Luvvie

Quote Originally Posted by 17thMay08
    My OP did indicate if people could afford it, much like fans would find the increased cost of a ST if we were in the premier, much like 9k fans would find the money if we drew Man Utd in the cup at Old Trafford etc. I was merely highlighting that only 5500 fans contributed to the future of Pompey, nothing more nothing less, however Suicide, apt, puts his usual twist on the subject & PG sucks up to him for a change, PUP
    Assumption is obviously your middle, thats the 2nd most s h i t post I've seen on here by a Pompey fan.
    If you post crap prepare to get stick-simples.

Whilst the effort to raise 250k was commendable, no more than 5500 Pompey fans contributed to our future, I'm sure that more than that could've afforded a donation.
    Doess the figure include syndicates?

My OP did indicate if people could afford it,
    Rubbish - "I'm sure that more than that could've afforded a donation".

Quote Originally Posted by johno2499
    Whilst the effort to raise 250k was commendable, no more than 5500 Pompey fans contributed to our future, I'm sure that more than that could've afforded a donation.
    Doess the figure include syndicates?[/quote]

It probably includes one & as Lovedean touched on what about the people who've given to bucket collections etc. The OP seems to assume they dont count.
    £260,000+ raised-brilliant brilliant effort-thats all that matters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)