+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackpool FC Vs Blackburn R

Blackpool FC Vs Blackburn R

Rovers: Robinson, Lowe, Baptiste, Hanley, Olsson, King, Evans, Cairney, Conway, Rhodes, Gestede.

Subs: Eastwood, Dunn, Marshall, Varney, Williamson, Taylor, O’Connell.

the line up everyone has seemed to want, so let`s see how it goes..

re: Blackpool FC Vs Blackburn R

Less said the better , played OK up to going 2-0 up and then everything went tits up and we were hanging on . King was woeful . 3 points in the bag . Move on !

Not been to game in ages where I have actually come away disappointed we did not get anything.

Yes OK I said the other day on here we were gong to get thumped but how wrong I was.

Pretty even first half but we certainly bossed the second half and really should have scored at least another goal or two had it not been for Robinson.

Might take us another 3 or 4 games yet to get up to speed but on todays showing were not a million miles off like I first thought.

Finally, As for Rhodes how much?

Agreed Fylde you deserved sommat . Rhodes was poor today , but thats him , next week it could be an hatrick .
    As for the Barnsley fan on your board having a dig at Perkins , he needs to give his head a wobble .

seems we are starting the season a bit below par form wise, so let`s just accept the points and hope we improve as we go..

Unbeaten in what is it 15 League games now , easy to be too critical . As Bowyer says still a work in progress . We all want instant success but we have to bear in mind what has gone on at our club in the recent past and be realistic . Take todays points and move on .

To me, King has always seemed better as an impact substitute. His pace is best used as a surprise against tiring defenders.
    As I said on another thread, I would like to see Marshall in the starting line-up.
    My ideal team in easier home games would be:
    Robinson
    Lowe Kilgallon Hanley Spurr
    Marshall Cairney Evans Conway
    Gestede Rhodes
    SUBS: Eastwood Baptiste Olsson Williamson Dunn King Brown.
    That misses out Taylor, which s a little unfair, perhaps.
    In more difficult away games, it might be better to play Williamson as an out-and-out "holding" midfielder - either as a straight swap for Evans, or with one of the strikers sacrificed to provide a five-man midfield.
    In any case, we do seem to have a fairly obvious match-day squad of around 20 players now, with about eight players as clear first choices.
    As Needle says, it is easy to be critical, but think of the chaos before GB took over.
    The brightest spot is that we can afford for Rhodes to have off-days now.

Needle I've already replied to him mate don't worry.

As has been pointed out...15 league games without defeat. For me that's great. More draws towards the end of last season than I would have liked but at least it's a point.

I obviously couldn't watch the game but away win after not playing our best is actually, for a change, a nice thing! How many times have we played well, deserved the 3 points, and come away with nothing. The loss to Burnley last season was a perfect example.

As for Gestede...what a player. Just put the ball up high in the air and let him take care of the rest! He's such a great physical presence which will wear down defenders.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)