+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max for Everton

re: Max for Everton

[quote="KennyLuntsFanClub" on this one.
    As for Max Clayton. . . my money's on him going to somewhere in Europe.[/quote]

I think he's signed a more recent contract too. The list is obviously due an update though - although it has Scott Shearer, Haber and Atkinson are still to be added, and Pogba's move not yet added.

Quote Originally Posted by "ShropshireAlex" on this one.
    As for Max Clayton. . . my money's on him going to somewhere in Europe.[/quote

I think he's signed a more recent contract too. The list is obviously due an update though - although it has Scott Shearer, Haber and Atkinson are still to be added, and Pogba's move not yet added.
    Now updated with the latest additions, have been rather busy with work and a family holiday. Hopefully will have everything else updated in due course.

Does Blly Waters' deal actually expire 2015 Chalky, or is that a typo for 2016?

No criticism meant for any delay in updating by the way.

I don't think it was in anyones interest in over valuing Max, the asking price was always over the top £1million for Max, there is little justification for that. We have lost out with Sunderland and now Wolves, no doubt we will miss out with Everton. At this rate he will move to Europe and we will get nothing. The club must realise he isn't coming back here and it is in there best interests to get this situation resolved. Do a deal that is acceptable if that means add ons or a percentage of any sell on fee then make it happen. Pricing him out of the market and forcing him to go abroad is at best irresponsible by the board, this situation should have been resolved by now.

I don't think Sunderland were put off by the asking price (which is pretty much fixed by tribunal anyway) as they aren't exactly strapped for cash. They, and Wolves, just didn't fancy him.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    I don't think Sunderland were put off by the asking price (which is pretty much fixed by tribunal anyway) as they aren't exactly strapped for cash. They, and Wolves, just didn't fancy him.
    Its up to the clubs to do a deal first and its only if they can't agree on the fee, it goes to the tribunal. The Wolves manager clearly stated their valuation did not match Crewe's valuation. I would suspect that having seen MC first hand, they were not that impressed. They want someone that would go into or near the first team squad for that price and why we are surprised Powell was not given games at United who was clearly good enough. I suspect we did ask a million minimum for Clayton and he is not worth that UNTIL he starts to be as good as the others that have left here.

Dario said it was because he was not getting games that was the problem with Max but how many games should he get if he is not performing week in and week out? Dario use

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Its up to the clubs to do a deal first and its only if they can't agree on the fee, it goes to the tribunal. The Wolves manager clearly stated their valuation did not match Crewe's valuation. I would suspect that having seen MC first hand, they were not that impressed. They want someone that would go into or near the first team squad for that price and why we are surprised Powell was not given games at United who was clearly good enough. I suspect we did ask a million minimum for Clayton and he is not worth that UNTIL he starts to be as good as the others that have left here.

Dario said it was because he was not getting games that was the problem with Max but how many games should he get if he is no

Quote Originally Posted by One_Dean_Ashton
    I feel that he is being badly advised and I don't know where that's come from. Agent?

And who is that by the way?
    I heard SD say it was the same "parasite", (ok, my term, not Steve's!), who managed Billy Jones - and we all know what happened there!!

If Max bit the bullet (highly unlikely now) he could have games under his belt: U21s and then, if he impresses, in the first team squad.
    Even if he is forced, by his own volition, to go north or into mainland Europe, the principle remains solid. This will be to the benefit of every youngster looking at Crewe to help their career.
    Yes, we need the money, but do we need it more than damaging the long-term philosophy of the club?

I fear that the last para will resurrect the Academy argument. Sorry. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester

I fear that the last para will resurrect the Academy argument. Sorry. :-)
    I hope it doesn't because that has been done to death!

However, this is only the 2nd player who has taken this route (3rd counting Byron, but he signed in the end. - before the start of the season.)

There are more players who do things the right way - Powell, murphy, Westwood, Maynard, and throw toots into that too. He's not gone yet, but he's going about getting his move in the right way.

Max's situation fortunately is the exception, rather than the rule at our great little club. We could cut our ties and get 100k for him, but why should we??

It's a mess caused by the player and his representatives. I just hope it resolves itself sooner rather than later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12