+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yubby's outback adventures

Yubby's outback adventures

I have already shared in previous posts some of my experiences out west, but I've had some interesting encounters recently.

So I thought I'd start a new thread for anyone who could be bothered reading.

So once upon a time... Just kidding.
    Last week I working on a site servicing fire fighting equipment in area of approx. 5km2 comprising of over 30 buildings and I come across an old grey kangaroo grazing on what limited grass was available(Queensland in another devastating drought).

Now this old boy is old; very very old, a couple of times he didn't move at all whilst standing upright, I thought he was dead, but sure enough he'd move.Once I reversed my vehicle on one part of the site in which Greyaroo was directing behind me lying down, HE didn't move (he's probably deaf and blind)

Later on in the week I was doing some finishing touches when I crossed paths with the old boy.
    He was smack bang in the middle of a walkway, when I stopped and said to him "you think you own the place don

re: Yubby's outback adventures

One foot away is amazing. I'm surprised he didn't punch you. Just a growl up that close is him probably saying "no funny businesses".
    Good story yubby.

I wouldn't say amazing Bingo.

He's very old, probably blind, and if he had a history of attacking, the mines workplace health and safety would've removed him by now.

I have heard a story that old roos come close to humans just before their about to die.

Are you classed a full human though? Still a good story though. I'm impressed you went that close. My friend lived in Australia and drove across it with his lady friend. He saw a Kangaroo and walked very slowly to see how close he could get. He got quite close and it stood up, said it was about 7 foot tall and my mate ran back to the car.
    He said the Kangaroo looked hopping mad.

If Wayne Rooney had children with one you would get a Kangarooney.

Very cool. Aren't you getting a little old grey yesself? It was possibly just old grandma outside her house annoyed at this old bear that keeps coming up to her

Gotta watch those crusty old Roos. Bad tempered and too old to get the chicks.

Which is why they're bad tempered.

1000klms driving back home in 10hrs, nothing exciting, more dead roos than alive ones (good for me)
    But now the roads have one more dead bird.

So my outback adventure this week was in a shopping centre.

I was leaving Coles with my goodies for the drive home, (cheese and bacon rolls, snickers, white chocolate and macadamia biscuits and muesli bars)

When this salesman called me over to sell me some manly body products, which, I of course declined.
    BUT this former Israeli tank commander(I kid you not) started giving me some after shaving balm, smelt great and seemed to do the job, but once I told him my wife had already bought me some I'd already been using.

So he then started to rub my hand with a soultion(never once losing eye contact, which I returned fire, which was very hard, he had eyes that could see straight into my soul)
    The lotion made my one hand soooooo smooth and he said its a chick magnet.

I declined, he then said he knew I loved his product but he'd give me a manag

Brilliant Yubbs..

Umm I've just been camping and it was late and the Wife and kid were in bed and I was outside having a beer n got the fright of my life when I felt something run over my foot...

... quickly grabbed my torch out my pocket like a gun slinger and zoomed in on the enemy..

.. only to find a hedgehog sniffing about

Love it Dazzy.

Camping over here, the main interruptions we have are goanna's during the day and possums at night time.

And if you haven't cleaned up your campsite, usually birds making a mess at day break.

I once had a stand off in the drive way with a possum...it wouldnt move and I wasnt game to walk past it.

Love the outback adventures Russel Coight.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)