+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WE NEED A NEW MANAGER WHO CAN DO THE BASICS!!!

re: WE NEED A NEW MANAGER WHO CAN DO THE BASICS!!!

We have not progressed, players continue to walk away FREE and are unable to attract players to the club when were apparently riding high and in Europe. If our dire standard of play continues and are defeated by Hamilton Accies at Home the Sept weekend I think he’ll walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rw3ll
    Saturdays team was fielded due to injury in the back line. If it was up to McCall then he'd have Hammell and Ramsden in that line up ahead of Kerr and Ferg.

You can't slate somebody because the team are going though a difficult situation with injuries; that's just unfair. It was very
    clear the addition qualities that Hammell brings to the left back position when replaced with Ferguson, linking up with the midfield and in many cases crossing balls in for the likes of Sutton.

What you can slate is the total lack of ability the midfield showed, in lazley and carswell.

Personally, the only way i can see both getting the message through to them is to drop carswell for leich (who i rate as a better player outright) and to give the captaincy to McManus (who i believe is a better candidate to be captain in the first place)
    Just an aside, in the midst of our mess, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Ramsden is a better CENT

]#]#]#
    Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid
    We have not progressed, players continue to walk away FREE and are unable to attract players to the club when were apparently riding high and in Europe. If our dire standard of play continues and are defeated by Hamilton Accies at Home the Sept weekend I think he’ll walk.
    We have not progressed ?? where do we progress from after 3rd , 2nd and 2nd.. with an embarrassing fan base I think the argument could be made the only way for us to go was backward. We are 3 games in and have the same points total as last year. I've said it a hundred times if we start looking for the manager to get the bullet because we are not automatics for top six wed be as well putting a revolving door on the main entrance of Fir Park.

We have not progressed ?? where do we progress from after 3rd , 2nd and 2nd..
    We progress in Cup's. I agree with LSM post regards us being lucky to finish high due the demise of others in recent years, ie. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers
    We took our chance but as think you’ve posted .. done pheck all in cups with repeated early exits.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid
    We have not progressed ?? where do we progress from after 3rd , 2nd and 2nd..
    We progress in Cup's. I agree with LSM post regards us being lucky to finish high due the demise of others in recent years, ie. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers
    We took our chance but as think you’ve posted .. done pheck all in cups with repeated early exits.
    No one gives McCall bigger pelters than me for our abysmal cup efforts and I've said many a time Id accept finishing 9th and getting to cup finals and I don't change my view on that. Ive also said if we et papped out the cup by lower league opposition his reign does need to be looked at.. but we are 3 league games in and buugger all indication can be taken from that how our season will develop based on that.

Things can change quickly in football you dont become a bad team overnight end of last season faddy and anier never started many games so only person missing is hutch and hopefully obrien can replace him so if we managed 2nd we must be better that currently showing we need to get shape right as all over the place currently and for me hammell is missed as nobody else seems to be a natural left back. Also dont think erwin and sutton works so need to get a midfield IMO of ainsworth(if he gets his finger out),lasley,law,and vigurs with sutton and ojaama up top then hopefully things will improve.

All I am seeing here are people defending Stuart McCall - not giving their opinions on the four points I made. Do the team look fit - definitely not! Are players getting contracts longer than they deserve - definitely yes. Are they getting starts when they are persistently poor - definitely yes! Are they organised to play like a team - they are more like a group of strangers than any Motherwell team I have seen in many years! And I do not have confidence in the manager's knowledge of the game & tactics to pull us out of this. His teams are leading to fans disappearing at an alarming rate. This is not some rant but what I believe to be a balanced argument given our current situation. It is time for fresh ideas to re-generate the team and club as I truly fear for us this season

Quote Originally Posted by maestro91
    All I am seeing here are people defending Stuart McCall - not giving their opinions on the four points I made. Do the team look fit - definitely not! Are players getting contracts longer than they deserve - definitely yes. Are they getting starts when they are persistently poor - definitely yes! Are they organised to play like a team - they are more like a group of strangers than any Motherwell team I have seen in many years! And I do not have confidence in the manager's knowledge of the game & tactics to pull us out of this. His teams are leading to fans disappearing at an alarming rate. This is not some rant but what I believe to be a balanced argument given our current situation. It is time for fresh ideas to re-generate the team and club as I truly fear for us this season
    Frankly they look no less fit than any of our teams in the last 4 years. I don't think its so much as not being fit as we have zero pace all over the tea

I get the impression that people are missing my point - the manager should be the heart of the club - leading, inspiring, coaching players to become better or finding those within budget that are hungry enough to give their all. He should also be man enough to leave out players who are playing persistently poorly - something I have yet to see him do - Keith's performances have been on the decline for some time. Our manager also does not seem to learn from his mistakes - and he has made a few costly ones. I am at the stage -having been with motherwell from the seventies - through the dark years - relegation, administration etc - that I need the club to have some fresh ideas. I am very disillusioned with the club and especially the standard of management.

Quote Originally Posted by maestro91
    I get the impression that people are missing my point - the manager should be the heart of the club - leading, inspiring, coaching players to become better or finding those within budget that are hungry enough to give their all. He should also be man enough to leave out players who are playing persistently poorly - something I have yet to see him do - Keith's performances have been on the decline for some time. Our manager also does not seem to learn from his mistakes - and he has made a few costly ones. I am at the stage -having been with motherwell from the seventies - through the dark years - relegation, administration etc - that I need the club to have some fresh ideas. I am very disillusioned with the club and especially the standard of management.
    Managers are judged by results mate , plain and simple and McCall has points in the bag on that one whether you me or anyone else agrees.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)