+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth (home) predictions

Bournemouth (home) predictions

Rovers 2-0 Bournemouth

After losing to Forest at home I feel they will be on a low.

re: Bournemouth (home) predictions

1-1 draw..with both managers more than happy with that ..:/

0-2

We never seem to do well just before the international breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    1-1 draw..with both managers more than happy with that ..:/

Couldn't agree more. Last night has shown me this guy will never take us to the next level. I had a feeling we could make the play offs. It's too early to say what will happen, but my gut feeling now is we are happy being a middle to to top 8 at best side. The squad screams that, as does this manager. I think we will slightly improve on last season, but still miss out. Having looked closely at what way we are going early on, there is nothing pointing that we have moved up a level. GB is a steady Eddie. No looking to win games, he sticks Cairney where he is least effective. He hasn't sorted the defence out, we don't have a good enough keeper to do anything special. It's not all bad, we arent sinking into the lower leagues. But equally, we aren't going for it. At no point this season, will we 'go for it'. He did a great job stabilising the club, but as in moving onto to the

I honestly believe the squad we have in its current form should be more than capable to reach the play offs however it is looking like bowyer isn't the man to get us there.
    I am a little surprised the fans jumping on bowyers back when we are only 3 league games in though let's at least give him the season he might prove us wrong and with the hard work he did stabilising us let's at least offer our support in return if we fail to reach the play offs then I think venkys should try a different option.
    Back to the original post 2-2

2-1 win for Rovers with us going 2-0 up and looking comfortable until Bournemouth nick one back out the blue through poor defending from Rovers which leaves us hanging on for grim death.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    I honestly believe the squad we have in its current form should be more than capable to reach the play offs however it is looking like bowyer isn't the man to get us there.
    I am a little surprised the fans jumping on bowyers back when we are only 3 league games in though let's at least give him the season he might prove us wrong and with the hard work he did stabilising us let's at least offer our support in return if we fail to reach the play offs then I think venkys should try a different option.
    I agree. Bowyers been great stabilising the club.
    And he did it in dfficult circumstances. We are now almost free of those high earners. But it is as clear as day, whether that be 3 games or 33. Bowyer is limited in his ability as a manager, to push us onto the next level. Remember, going up is crucial for us, with FFP coming in. While I agree we have a 1st 11 (not squad) that could sneak 6th in the play

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    I agree. Bowyers been great stabilising the club.
    And he did it in dfficult circumstances. We are now almost free of those high earners. But it is as clear as day, whether that be 3 games or 33. Bowyer is limited in his ability as a manager, to push us onto the next level. Remember, going up is crucial for us, with FFP coming in. While I agree we have a 1st 11

This is purely hypothetical as we have venkys in charge so weather it is right or wrong to now make the change we all know that they come from a different planet.
    With who is out there only Tony pulis is a better manager than what we already have and let's be honest would pulis come anywhere near the rovers I think not
    Mr pulis we want you in India for our annual meeting
    Why don't you do one and let me get on with my job.
    Think that relationship would last a while.

I personally think Bowyer will be given time..really cant see Venkys or who ever makes the decisions these days making a kneejerk reaction and getting shut (not early doors )

The rapid succession of managerial changes Rovers endured and the bad publicity Rovers received at the time may make the Venkys think twice about getting shut of GB too soon.

As for who would/could replace him IF he was fired well ?..who knows ..but one thing to maybe consider is that its not only BRFC who are feeling the pinch with this FFP lark.Lots of clubs will be in the same boat and will have the same so called limited appeal as Rovers come the managerial merry go round ..so the choice may be a little better than we think..

I just cant understand why after conceding so many goals last season the GK/Defence has not been strengthened at all..surely GB can see this ..?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)