+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Corners

Corners

Ok, so we are the only team I know of that doesn't leave at least 1 player up the field when the opposition is taking a corner.

And..

It cost us at least one of the goals last night, not sure if it was their 2nd or 3rd, but they had so many players in and around our box it was obviously going to end up in the back of our net.

Steve Davis...why are you the only person in the entire stadium, opposition players, staff and fans included...who doest realise that this is a very very very stupid tactic that doesn't work!

As soon as the ball is cleared, its coming right back at us, then they have so many players in our box, our players don't know who the **** to mark...

It's now costing us goals! you really really should stop doing it, in fact, leave two of our players up, one each side of the field, then they will have to leave at least 3 or 4 of their players up with them, see how it works? FFS

re: Corners

remember when northampton came here once when Alan Carr dad was manager

we had a corner and he left 3 men spread accross the half way line - we had to leave 5 back after the initial shock - we lost that night too i think - richard hill might of scored a couple

anyone else remember it - night game i think

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead

we had a corner and he left 3 men spread accross the half way line - we had to leave 5 back after the initial shock - we lost that night too i think - richard hill might of scored a couple

Yes, I do, albeit not that clearly as I would have said Cambridge did it when John Beck was manager ? But it certainly stuck out as an innovative "attack is the best form of defence" tactic.

Regardless of opposition, I get the moral of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead

I remember it well. I think though it was only 2 he left up one on each wing so if their keeper got the ball he could use either wing. I think they scored 5 that match

Has anyone noticed how beter we are with throw ins,this season?